Posted by shauna on Monday, September 10, 2012 at 9:48pm.
HOW MANY SETS (A,B,C) OF THREE DIFFERENT,POSITIVE SINGLE DIGIT INTEGERS HAVE THE PROPERTY THAT A SQUARED + B SQUARED + C SQUARED IS A PERFECT SQUARE? please help me with this one a soon as possible its very important and i dont even know where to start!!
- MATH *IMPORTANT - Reiny, Monday, September 10, 2012 at 10:17pm
make 3 columns
A -- B ---C
1 1 1---- 1^2 + 1^2 + 1^2 = 3
have a list of perfect squares handy :
1 4 9 16 25 ... 225
is 3 in the list? NO
1 1 2 --- 6 , is 6 in the list ? NO
1 1 3 --- 11 , is 11 in the list ? NO
1 1 9 ---83, is 83 in the list ? NO
1 2 1 ---- already done
1 2 2 --- 9, is 9 in the list ? YEAHHHH
1 2 3 ---- 14 NO
1 2 4 --- 21 NO
rather tedious, but do you get the idea?
there are many duplications
e.g. 4 3 2 came up in 2 3 4
- MATH *IMPORTANT - DEREK, Monday, September 10, 2012 at 10:40pm
well i get that but i just dont c what the answer is becuase it takes forever to do this problem u have to use numbers ubtil you have them all. i am in mathcounts and it is totally competition i cant be up doing a problem like that isnt there a possible way to do it faster and this time maybe state the answer so i can work it backwards ;)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - i am having a minor difficulty i've been stuck for over an hour and don't...
- Math11U - A Pythagorean Triple is a set of integers that satisfy the Pythagorean...
- math - How do i find the area of a triangle? For example: A squared + b squared...
- algebra 2 multiple choice HELP - find f(a), if f(t) = 2t2(squared)-t-2 A. 2(a+t)...
- Math - Find the shortcut. Solve these problems. Then find and explain a shortcut...
- Math - I need help with this problem. In decimal form, write the ratio of the ...
- MATH - My Math work instructions is place the numbers from least to greatest. 7 ...
- Math - My Math work instructions is place the numbers from least to greatest. 7 ...
- College Algebra - Can someone check my answer please! I'm not sure this is right...
- Math - Using the example: (a+b)(a+b)= a squared -b squared, we are asked to ...