Posted by JJ on Monday, September 10, 2012 at 10:37am.
1.) One of the trials in this week's experiment in chemical kinetics was determined to be 10.60 seconds. Evaluate log10(rate).
Would I just plug 10.60 in for the rate?
- chemistry. am i doing this right? - Steve, Monday, September 10, 2012 at 11:30am
I'd say no.
rate is a speed
10.6 seconds is a time.
- chemistry. am i doing this right? - JJ, Monday, September 10, 2012 at 11:32am
how do i find the rate then?
- chemistry. am i doing this right? - Steve, Monday, September 10, 2012 at 2:14pm
no idea - read the problem again. Something is changing, and it changed by some amount in 10.6 seconds.
For example, if it's some volume, and it changed by 10m^3 in 10.6 seconds, then the rate would be
10m^3/10.6s = 0.94m^3/s
That is a rate
- chemistry. am i doing this right? - DrBob222, Monday, September 10, 2012 at 3:11pm
I'm almost certain the thing changing is moles of one of the reactants or products.
- chemistry. - Mac, Monday, September 10, 2012 at 7:46pm
the answer is -log(10.6)
dont forget the negative
no, it doesn't make any sense to me, but i just did that same problem and that was the right answer
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - If log10^9=0.95 and log10^2=0.30, find the following: 1. log10^9/2 2...
- math -logarithm - Use the definition of logarithm to simplify each expression. ...
- phyiscs repost 2 - Calculate the sound level in decibels of a sound wave that ...
- Pre Calculs - The pH of a chemical solution is given by the formula pH = -log10...
- Math - What is the logarithmic function modeled by the following table? x f(x) 8...
- Logarithms - Using the approximation log10^2=0.301, find: log10^8
- Math - Solve log10(8 x) − log10(1 + √x) = 2 for x.
- math - how can you simplify this?? log10(10^.5) log10 as in log base 10 By ...
- Chemistry.. kinetics - Initial rate Average rate instanteneous rate Which of ...
- maths - 1. Log10²x+log10x²=log10² 2-1 2. Log4(log2x)+log2(log4x)=2 3. X^logx+5/3...