Posted by Tammy on Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 8:01pm.
When a parent gives a child a time-out for misbehavior, the parent is using what type of sanction?
a) Positive formal
b) Positive informal
c) Negative formal
d) Negative informal
I'm thinking either (b) or (d)
Sociology - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 8:03pm
Which is it? Negative or positive?
Sociology - Tammy, Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 8:06pm
Sociology - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 8:11pm
Yes, time outs are negative reinforcements.
Are you sure its informal and not formal? How does your book distinguish between these?
Sociology - Tammy, Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 8:16pm
Informal Smile, Frown,
pat on the back criticize,
Formal Prize, Get fired,
medal, ceremony jail,
Sociology - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 8:18pm
Thanks. It looks like a time out is a negative formal reinforcement.
Sociology - Tammy, Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 8:19pm
Positive informal - Smile, pat on the back
Negative informal - Frown, criticize, push away
Positive formal - Prize, medal, ceremony
Negative formal - Get fired, jail, death penalty
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Spanish Help - Hola! Can you check my work and tell me if it's all right? State ...
- Spanish;CHECK? - State whether the command is formal ("Ud.") or informal ("t...
- business communication - The language style of minutes reflects the type of ...
- Anthropology - What are the formal and informal mechanisms of social control? ...
- Math - We are adding positive and negative numbers. The question is State ...
- American Government - Check answers? 1) What is the main difference between the ...
- principle of management - An announcement of the company-sponsored picnic ...
- principle of management - 10. An announcement of the company-sponsored picnic ...
- phsics - throughout a time interval, while the speed of a particle increases as ...
- Sociology - Societies norms, values and beliefs are enforced through ...