posted by Pat on .
If A, then B is equivalent to If not B, then not A
Not (A and B) is equivalent to not A OR not B
Not (A or B) is equivalent to not A AND not B
Can you give an equivalent statement to
1. If an Iowa farmer does not grow corn or beans, then he grows alfalfa.
2. It is not true that both Baghdad and Iraq are countries.
3. If my nephew is playing BB tonight, then I am going to the game.
4. If it is cold in Iowa, then I turn up the thermostat.
5. If I crack black walnuts for the bird feeder, then many birds come back often to feed.
6. If the sun does not shine, then Jane does not draw the blinds shut.
7. Either Bob is not sick or Bob is not coughing.
8. It is not true that Alice can run fast and jump high.
9. It is not true that Scott is old or that Scott is thin.
10. If Alan lives in Raleigh, then he does not live in Iowa.
11. If I do not work hard, then I do not succeed.
12. If an argument has flaws, then it is not valid.