Posted by horre on Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 12:49pm.
1.When Thomas Paine writes about reconciliation, he is referring to
the southern Colonies staying peacefully connected to the northern Colonies.
the Colonies staying peacefully connected with Great Britain.
the Colonists staying peacefully connected to Native Americans.
Great Britain staying peacefully connected with Europe. ~
2.Which of the following statements about Common Sense is NOT true?
Common Sense was written the same year as the Declaration of Independence.
Thomas Paine wrote Common Sense to persuade colonists to fight for independence.
The printing press enabled the wide circulation of Common Sense.
Thomas Paine was hanged for treason after writing Common Sense.~
3.Thomas Paine believed America should be
an asylum, a safe place, for all people.~
a British colony.
a continent of many nations.
a city on a hill.
Asylum is a word with multiple meanings. Read the following sentence from Common Sense.
“This new world hath been the asylum for the persecuted lovers of civil and religious livery from every part of Europe.”
4.In this context, does asylum have a positive or negative connotation?
5.Thomas Paine wrote Common Sense to
Revolutionary War soldiers.
colonists in 1776, prior to the signing of the Declaration of Independence. ~
the British monarchy.
women seeking the right to vote.
~ = my answer
- ENGLISH check - Tia, Monday, September 17, 2012 at 3:02pm
4 would be positive, if you read your answer for 3 it kinda of says for four.
- ENGLISH check - Anonymous, Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 1:25pm
- ENGLISH check - Just tested, Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 1:26pm
- ENGLISH 11 - MrCorrect, Sunday, June 9, 2013 at 1:11am
1 NOT D
2 NOT B
- ENGLISH check - J-Rob, Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 4:04pm
Lets just make this clear, I just finished this assignment and the correct answers in order are:
- ENGLISH check - Lou, Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 6:12pm
J-Rob is right.
- ENGLISH check - meee, Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 1:12pm
yea they are right:-)
- ENGLISH check - 100, Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 11:35am
My man J-Rob
- ENGLISH check - Vera, Thursday, October 2, 2014 at 3:51pm
B Colonies peacefully connected with Britain
C Hanged for treason
A An asylum a safe place
B Colonists in 1776 prior to independence signing
Answer this Question
- ENGLISH 11 - 1. When Thomas Paine writes about reconciliation, he is referring ...
- ENGLISH - 1.When Thomas Paine writes about reconciliation, he is referring to ...
- us history - Regarding Thomas Paine's Common Sense... 1. According to Paine, ...
- US History - How did the British mercantlism prevent the economic development of...
- Government - In which type of colony did strict governors anger the colonists? A...
- History - How does Thomas Paine characterize the relationship between Great ...
- U.S History- 8th grade - What was the geography and economy like in the England ...
- English 3 - When Thomas Paine writes about reconciliation he is referring to
- SS7R Question/Help! (plz read) - The American Revolution From 1763 through 1776 ...
- U.S.History - i have a chart labled 'African-American Population, 1690-1750'. it...