Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at 12:41pm.
1. From what elements of a story can you make inferences?
all of the above
2. How do you know “Paul Revere’s Ride” is narrative poetry?
It is a poem has a setting, characters, and conflict.
It is prose that has rhyme and rhythm.
It is a poem that uses sound devices.
It is prose that has a protagonist and antagonist.
Read the following stanza from “Paul Revere’s Ride” to answer questions 3 and 4.
It was two by the village clock,
When he came to the bridge in Concord town.
He heard the bleating of the flock,
And the twitter of birds among the trees,
And felt the breath of the morning breeze
Blowing over the meadows brown.
And one was safe and asleep in his bed
Who at the bridge would be the first to fall,
Who that day would be lying dead,
Pierced by a British musket-ball.
3. What can you infer from the stanza?
Many men will be lost in the battle
that same day.
Paul Revere’s ride will save the village.
The Americans will block access to the bridge.
The town of Concord will be spared by the British.
4. What words help you understand the definition of musket-ball?
“fall” and “bridge”
“lying dead” and “Pierced”
“Pierced” and “British”
“safe” and “asleep”
5. Which of the following sentences containing an appositive phrase is punctuated correctly?
Mr. Jones, the man who lives next door to us, is taking care of our dog while we are on vacation.
Mr. Jones, the man who lives next door to us is taking care of our dog while we are on vacation.
Mr. Jones the man who lives next door to us is taking care of our dog while we are on vacation.
Mr. Jones the man who lives next door to us, is taking care of our dog while we are on vacation.
- lang arts - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at 12:53pm
I'll be glad to check your answers.
- lang arts - Anonymous, Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at 1:23pm
ok plz tell me the right one if theyh are wrong.
- lang arts - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at 1:33pm
Three of the five are wrong. Go back and study 2, 3, and 4.
- lang arts - fred, Friday, September 7, 2012 at 10:43am
i dontknow help
- lang arts - Julie, Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 11:54am
1. I said D
- lang arts - Karen, Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 12:26pm
please help me do I have them right?
- lang arts - Lisa, Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 11:45am
- lang arts - Anonymous, Friday, December 7, 2012 at 4:00pm
Answer this Question
English - From what elements of a story can you make inferences? characters ...
English - How do you know “Paul Revere’s Ride” is narrative poetry? It is a poem...
Language Arts - 1) From what elements of a story can you make inferences? (...
Social Studies - What was Paul Revere's Ride suppose to be? What was Paul Revere...
Engish Lang - Story Writing - I need to get an idea of a setting to write the ...
Lang.Arts - The story is "The Fire Pond" 3. How does the setting of the story ...
Literature - From my book: "Setting provides much more than just the backdrop ...
Lang. Arts - Which elements of a story can help you predict early on what a ...
comprehension:make inferences - make inferences about the situations or ...
english - How can I make this better? The prompt is to explain how the author ...