Posted by aaron on Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 9:18pm.
Can someone please help me with this word problem!?! I know the answer which is 784 feet. But I have no clue how to solve it. Can someone please show how to solve this problem? The word problem is: The melt in Your Mouth Chocolate Factory is a rectangular building. The distance across the front of the store is 98 yards. The distance from the front to the back is one-third of this distance. If the owners paint a sign all the way around the outside of the factory, how many feet will the sign be?
- math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 9:23pm
1/3 * 98 = 32.667
P = 2(98) + 2 (32.667
P = 261.334 yards
261.334 * 3 = 784 feet
- math - Reiny, Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 9:23pm
Cutting through the fog of this absurdly worded question ....
Front of store : 98 yds = 294 feet
Side of store : = (1/3)(294) feet = 98 feet
perimeter = 2(294+98) feet or 784 feet
- math - Anonymous, Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 3:51pm
answer to the melt in your mouth chocolate factory opens its doors each day at 7:00am. sharp. sally arrived at the factory ten minutes before the doors opened. Lucke got there eighteen minutes after sally, but four minutes before Michelle.at what time did Michelle arrive at the factory?
- math - kymoy, Sunday, February 2, 2014 at 4:49pm
the melt in your mouth chocolate factory is a rectangular building. the distance across the front of the store is 28 yards. the distance from the front to the back of the building is 12 yards. if the owners want to put up a fence around the outside of the factory. how many yards long will the fence need to be
- math - donta, Monday, September 8, 2014 at 10:25pm
Adding all sides together
- math - Maddie, Monday, September 7, 2015 at 9:58am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Simplify this expression (DO NOT solve for x) 5x+6(x+2)-8(x-3) I have ...
- mat/116 - Will someone please help me slove this problem? Use the elimination ...
- Algebra - Can someone show me step by step how to do this problem to have an ...
- Algebra - Please Solve: 4-x=-5 I thought the answer was -9 but that doesn't seem...
- Math - Solve for x: x^4-15X^2+14=0 How would I solve this problem? Could someone...
- Algebra......Help Quick!! - 12a^3bc-18a^2bc^2+6a^2c, x^2+20x+36, 12x^4-8x^3-4x^2...
- algebra 1 - Can someone please help me with this inequality problem -3-8>(4x+...
- Algebra - 91. Find the domain of: y=-3x+1 a. all negative numbers b. x>0 c. ...
- PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE! - 1 )3x + 8y = 1 7x + 4y = 17 Answer: (3,1) 2) -3x + 5y...
- Pre-Algebra [urgent!] - I can't find the solution to this problem; can someone ...