Posted by aaron on Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 9:18pm.
Can someone please help me with this word problem!?! I know the answer which is 784 feet. But I have no clue how to solve it. Can someone please show how to solve this problem? The word problem is: The melt in Your Mouth Chocolate Factory is a rectangular building. The distance across the front of the store is 98 yards. The distance from the front to the back is one-third of this distance. If the owners paint a sign all the way around the outside of the factory, how many feet will the sign be?
math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 9:23pm
1/3 * 98 = 32.667
P = 2(98) + 2 (32.667
P = 261.334 yards
261.334 * 3 = 784 feet
math - Reiny, Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 9:23pm
Cutting through the fog of this absurdly worded question ....
Front of store : 98 yds = 294 feet
Side of store : = (1/3)(294) feet = 98 feet
perimeter = 2(294+98) feet or 784 feet
math - Anonymous, Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 3:51pm
answer to the melt in your mouth chocolate factory opens its doors each day at 7:00am. sharp. sally arrived at the factory ten minutes before the doors opened. Lucke got there eighteen minutes after sally, but four minutes before Michelle.at what time did Michelle arrive at the factory?
math - kymoy, Sunday, February 2, 2014 at 4:49pm
the melt in your mouth chocolate factory is a rectangular building. the distance across the front of the store is 28 yards. the distance from the front to the back of the building is 12 yards. if the owners want to put up a fence around the outside of the factory. how many yards long will the fence need to be
math - donta, Monday, September 8, 2014 at 10:25pm
Adding all sides together
math - Maddie, Monday, September 7, 2015 at 9:58am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra 1 - Can someone please help me with this inequality problem -3-8>(4x+...
- mat/116 - Will someone please help me slove this problem? Use the elimination ...
- Word Problem - A wire from the top of a TV tower to the ground makes an angle of...
- Math Word Problem - Can someone please check this one, this is a word problem, ...
- math - Can someone please help me with this math problem. My teacher is looking ...
- Algebra - Solve and graph. I send this problem last night could someone please ...
- math problem - I have no clue about this problem please solve 8[-73-(-61-28)]
- Algebra - Word Problem: Jack mows the lawn in 4 hours, mary mows the lawn in 5 ...
- Math - Solve for x: x^4-15X^2+14=0 How would I solve this problem? Could someone...
- math - can someone please help me? I am stuck on a problem it deals with ...