Posted by emma on Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 2:55pm.
3. What is the rhyme scheme of the following Anne Bradstreet poem?
To Her Father with Some Verses
Most truly honored, and as truly dear,
If worth in me or ought I do appear,
Who can of right better demand the same
Than may your worthy self from whom it came?
The principal might yield a greater sum,
Yet handled ill, amounts but to this crumb;
My stock's so small I know not how to pay,
My bond remains in force unto this day;
Yet for part payment take this simple mite
Where nothing's to be had, kings loose their right.
Such is my debt I may not say forgive,
But as I can, I'll pay it while I live;
Such is my bond, none can discharge but I,
Yet paying is not paid until I die.
a, b, c, d, a, b, c, d, a, b, c, d, a, b
a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n
a, a, b, b, c, c, d, d, e, e, f, f, g, g
aa, bb, cc, dd, ee, ff, gg, aa, bb, cc, dd, ee, ff, gg ~
4.How many couplets are in this poem?
5.Which of the following best describes the main theme in this poem?
A)The writer owes money to her father.
B)The writer greatly respects her father and the way he has raised her.~~
C)The writer does not agree with the way her father handles money.
D)The writer has repaid her father for his good deeds.
- ENGLISH - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 4:32pm
I'll be glad to check your answers.
- ENGLISH - emma, Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 5:02pm
i gave you answers to check ~ = my answer
- ENGLISH - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 5:06pm
Sorry -- I didn't notice the ~.
Your answers for 3 and 5 are right, but you need to recount the couplets.
- ENGLISH - emma, Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 5:14pm
ok thank you, and there are seven.
- ENGLISH - emma, Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 5:17pm
i was right on the first one too.
- ENGLISH - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 6:24pm
Yes. They are all right now. :-)
- ENGLISH - cici, Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 4:26pm
wait. is number 3 wrong?
- ENGLISH - cici, Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 4:27pm
I think number 3 is aa,bb,cc,dd,ee,ff,gg
- ENGLISH - yella, Friday, December 6, 2013 at 9:55am
can u give me an example of English poem with rhyming scheme aa bb cc
- ENGLISH - LELE, Friday, September 12, 2014 at 12:32pm
DBCCBB are the 100% correct answer and i swear by it! just took this quick check :)
- ENGLISH - ty, Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 5:00pm
- ENGLISH - Fox, Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 9:42am
LELE is right I just got 6/6
- ENGLISH - Gabrielle, Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 11:38am
3) Is wrong, its C or the third row. Because the pattern repeats
- ENGLISH - trolollolo, Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 2:33pm
DBCCBB LELE is correct
- ENGLISH - D, Friday, October 7, 2016 at 9:29pm
Anne Bradstreet was never married
A poems cadence, pace, or ongoing momentum
The writer greatly respects her father and the way he has raised her
A coin of little value
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - 1. Which of the following phrases best defines rhythm? (1 point) ...
- English Poetry Check - 3. What is the rhyme scheme of the following Anne ...
- English - What is the Rhyme Scheme to the following Anne Bradstreet Poem To her ...
- English 11 - 4. Which of the following statements about Anne Bradstreet is NOT ...
- english 11 - 4. Which of the following statements about Anne Bradstreet is NOT ...
- English Ms. sue - I need help figuring out the rhyme scheme to Anne bradstreets ...
- english 11 - CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP .....I THINK ANSWERS ARE A, C, D, B, A, A ...
- english - Hi, I'm looking for the following poem. I need a version that has it ...
- Poem+ english+ check!!! - The way a crow Shook down on me The dust of snow From ...
- ENGLISH - Identify the adjective in the following sentence. John Keats "Ode on ...