Posted by Austin on Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 12:00pm.
How many solution sets do systems of linear inequalities have?
Do solutions to systems of linear inequalities need to satisfy both inequalities?
In what case might they not?
- Algebra 1 - bobpursley, Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 12:47pm
how many solution sets? from zero to the degree of the equation.
do they have to satisfy both? Yes.
In what case might they not? They have to satisfy both, or it is not a solution.
- Algebra 1 - Steve, Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 12:53pm
by definition, a solution set must satisfy all of the inequalities. Otherwise, it's not a solution.
The number of solution sets depends on the particular problem. There may be none at all, as in
x+y > 6
x+y < 0
Or there may be an unbounded one, as in
x+y > 3
x-y > 2
or a bounded one, as in
x+y > 3
x-y > 2
3x+y < 10
a visit to wolframalpha.com will let you play around with some. For the last example, just type
solve x+y > 3, x-y > 2, 3x+y < 10
and it will show the solution sets and graph the region.
- Algebra 1 - gw, Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 5:16pm
Do the equations x = 4y + 1 and x = 4y – 1 have the same solution?
Answer this Question
- math - How many solution sets do systems of linear inequalities have? Do ...
- Algebra 1A - How many solution sets do systems of linear inequalities have? Do ...
- Algebra 1 (Reiny) - I desperately need guidance. Not only do I not know how to ...
- Systems of Inequalities-8th Grade Algebra - Graph the equation. The graph will ...
- Algebra 1 (Reiny) - Will you please explain the steps I must take in order to ...
- Algebra 1a - I am working with Systems of Linear Inequalities and need to find ...
- math/algebra - I need help solving the solution sets for linear inequalities: 1....
- math - inequalities - How many integers are common to the solution sets of both ...
- Math - Explain why the vertices of a solution region are important when using ...
- Math - Solve the following systems of linear inequalities x+2y is less than or ...