Posted by john on Monday, September 3, 2012 at 3:40pm.
a cordof wood stacked as a rectangular solid measures 4"x4"x8". How many cubic feet are in 3/4 this fo a cord?
math - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 3, 2012 at 3:46pm
Are you sure the cord is measured in inches?
math - john, Monday, September 3, 2012 at 4:00pm
math - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 3, 2012 at 4:04pm
Ahh -- now this makes sense.
4'x4'x8' = 127 cu. ft,
0.75 * 128 = 96 cu.ft.
math - john, Monday, September 3, 2012 at 4:15pm
math - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 3, 2012 at 4:16pm
math - sarah, Monday, September 3, 2012 at 6:32pm
72 feet is 3/4 of the total
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Firewood is often sold by the cord. A cord of wood is a bundle measuring ...
- chemistry - ohh im sorry i also have another problem i don't understand. "A ...
- math - A swimming pool in the shape of a right rectangular prism measures 24 ...
- math - 1. find the lateral area of a right prism whose altitude measures 20 cm ...
- Math - Calculate the Volume in Cubic Feet of a section of drainage pipe that ...
- math - A rectangular slab of concrete is cut from a large block. The slab ...
- math - A storage area measures 15.6 feet by 10.2 feet by 8.5 feet. If it is 1/3 ...
- math, physics - A. A rectangular slab of concrete is cut from a large block. The...
- Math - Could you check these pleas? Firewood usually sold by a measure known as ...
- 6th grade - rectangular prism: height 7 feet, width 4 feet and length 3 feet ...