A is wrong. I took the test
ohh! sorry I mean B is not it...
1. The majority of states that did not ratify the Equal Rights Amendment were located in the
2. Among instances of corporate malfeasance in the early twenty-first century, the _____ scandal was the most shocking and economically damaging for employees and shareholders
B. American Tobacco
D. Tyco International
3. At the beginning of World War II, Roosevelt dealt with France
A. [through negotiations with the Vichy Government]
B. by supporting the Free French under Charles de Gaulle
C. by joining with the British in an assault on the North Africa
D. by seeking an alliance with French Algeria
4. John F. Kennedy replaced Eisenhower's concept of massive retaliation with a _____ response strategy
5. Which of the following statements is true regarding the Korean War?
A. Stalin was outraged by the North Korean attack on South Korea
B. [Stalin approved the North Korean attack in advance
C. The Chinese armed and trained the North Korean army
D. Both Stalin and Mao expected the American response to the invasion
6. Under Franklin Roosevelt's Good Neighbor policy,
A. the collective security among the nations of the Western Hemisphere declined
B. [the Platt Amendment was rescinded]
C. Cordell Hull favored continued military interventions in Latin America
D. American commerce with Latin America increased, but only slightly
7. Which of the following statements is true of the Gulf of Tonkin affair?
A. congress was divided and only reluctantly passed the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution
B. [Johnson ordered air strikes after the attack]
C. Johnson told Congress to pass the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution to let him expand the war
D. The destroyer Maddox was sunk by North Vietnamese gunboats
8. Which of the following statements about Truman's Fair Deal is true?
A. [It called for national medical insurance]
B. It repealed the New Deal
C. It was Truman's response to the Soviest's Sputnik
D. It was reluctantly passed by Congress
9. In a free election in 1989, Lech Walesa came to power in
A. East Germany
10. After 1965, black civil rights leaders found in difficult to
A. now support Hispanic rights in the United States
B. protest the Vietnam War
C. enforce the new laws in the South
D. [achieve economic equality in the North]
11. During World War II, the tied turned in favor of the United States at the Battle of
C. Leyte Gulf
D. the Coral Sea
12. At the Yalta Conference of 1945, the military situation favored
13. During the McCarthy era, which of the following was (were) executed for allegedly giving atomic secrets to the Soviet Union?
A. Alger Hiss
B. Klaus Fuchs
C. Whittaker chambers
D. [Julius and Ethel Rosenberg]
14. After Hitler came to power in 1933, he blamed Germany's defeat in World War I on
A. Jews and Gypsies
B. [Jews and Communists]
C. Communists and Socialists
D. Communists and American imperialists
15. Which of the following was the primary cause of the Balkan Wars conducted during the Clinton administration?
A. The UN peacekeepers'inability to stem ethnic cleaning
B. Muslim activism in Bosnia
C. The ride to power of Slobodan Milosevic in Serbia
D. [The breackup of the former state of Yugoslavia]
16. Zbigniew Brzezinski, the national security advisor in the 1970s,
A. believed replacing the Minute Man missles with MX missles was wasteful
B. supported the SALT II treaty
C. [Tried to reverse the policy of détente]
D. was against cooperation with China
17. Which of the following is true of the Truman Doctrine?
A. It created the North Atlantic Treaty Organization
B. [It amounted to an informal declaration Cold War]
C. It ended the policy of containment
D. It established the Marshell Plan
18. The political purpose of the Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 was to
A. [Roll back the provisions of the Wagner Act]
B. implement NSC-68
C. impose regulations on the steel industry
D. strengthen the Wagner Act
19. Which of the following is true of the Supreme Court's decision in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka?
A. It ruled that segregation should proceed with "all deliberate speed"
B. It ruled that desegregation was a state issue, but that segregation was a federal issue
C. [It declared that segregated schools were inherently separate and unequal]
D. It established that all citizens should have access to public education
20. Reagan embraced the idea that through tax incentives the private sector would shift its resources from tax shelters to productive investment. This theory is referred to a
B. deficit economics
C. supply-and-demand economics
D. [supply-side economics
I took the Exam and got 100% hope this helps
Answer this Question
History - Which of the following statements is true regarding the Korean War? A...
history - Which of the following statements is true regarding the Korean War? A...
us histery - I am unsure of some of my answers. I have tried looking, I am lost...
vocbulary studies - i have choosen korea is this a good introduction for my ...
history - Which of the following statements is true regarding the Korean War?
social studies - True or False? "Containment" was the underlying cause of the ...
US history - to what extent were the soviet union and china collaborators in ...
English - How can we share Korean traditions? 1. We can make traditional tteok, ...
English - The Korean team made it to the final 16. (At a soccer match...
American History - 1. Reagan embraced the idea that through tax incentives the ...