Posted by help on Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:11pm.
1. Divide. Write your answer in simplest form.
2/3 / 1/4
2. Find the product.
1/2 x 3/7
3. Divide. Write the quotient in simplest form.
3/5 / 2/10
4. Divide. Write the quotient in simplest form.
3/4 / 4/5
plz help me
- math - David Q/R, Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:36pm
When you're dividing something by a fraction, change it to multiplying the something by the reciprocal of the fraction instead: it's much easier. The reciprocal of a fraction (a/b) is just (b/a). Also you'll need to know that (a/b) x (c/d) = (a x c) / (b x d). So:
(2/3) / (1/4) = (2/3) x (4/1) = (2x4) / (3x1) = 8/3
(1/2) x (3/7) = (1x3) / (2x7) = 3/14
(3/5) / (2/10) = (3/5) x (10/2) = (3x10) / (5x2) = 30/10 = 3
(3/4) / (4/5) = (3/4) x (5/4) = (3x5) / (4x4) = 15/16
- math - Jiskhi, Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 5:22pm
What is 3/7 times 9 in the simplest form
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - How do you solve a problem like this? It says divide. then write each ...
- algebra 2 - Would some one look at these problems and see if I got them right ...
- math - what is 84 over 100 in simplest form? If i had a calculater i could help ...
- Math - Divide. Write the answer in simplest form. 8 1/6 divided by 2 1/24. I got...
- math - Divide. 3/4 divide into 9 Write each result in simplest form.
- Math - I need help please A computer can execute 64 instructions per second. How...
- math check please - 1.Write 4x4x4x4x4 as a power of 4. Answer: 4^5 2. Evaluate. ...
- College Algebra - Divide. (9x^3-10+19+6x^4)/(-2x^2+3x-3) Write your answer in ...
- College Algebra - Please help me Divide. (9x^3-10+19+6x^4)/(-2x^2+3x-3) Write ...
- Math - What are the steps to show the quotient in simplest form? Be sure to ...