Posted by help on Friday, August 31, 2012 at 1:00pm.
1. Which sentence describes setting?
As much as it saddened her, the first thing Nan had to do was leave her beloved family home.
Marcy wanted to go to the dance, but Robís treatment of her that day gave her second thoughts.
Steve was fairly short, with glasses and dark hair that stayed messy no matter how much he combed it.
The wind howled around the house as my dog Monte and I sank deeper into my warm blankets.
2. What is the best way to correct the misplaced modifier in the sentence below?
In the classroom, Tom fed carrots to the class gerbil from a bag.
In the classroom, Tom fed carrots from a bag to the class gerbil.
In the classroom, Tom from a bag fed carrots to the class gerbil.
Tom fed carrots in the classroom to the class gerbil from a bag.
Tom fed carrots to the class gerbil from a bag in the classroom.
3. Use context clues to define the italicized word in the sentence below:
One example of ongoing Tibetan persecution is that the people were forbidden from practicing their religion.
habit of worshipping in private
constant cruel or harmful treatment
continual support and encouragement
4. Read the following sentences from ďA Fatherís Daring TrekĒ:
In 1951, Tibet lost its independence when Chinese troops invaded Lhasa, the Tibetan capital. The Chinese government claimed the region as part of its territory.
Based on the entire article, what part of the organizational pattern of informational articles is presented here?
- lang arts - help, Friday, August 31, 2012 at 1:01pm
on number two the sentence is the first one
- lang arts - Ms. Sue, Friday, August 31, 2012 at 1:15pm
- lang arts - Anonymous, Friday, August 31, 2012 at 1:20pm
Was Tom in the bag? It could be that Tom was Tom Thumb, in the bag, feeding his gerbil.
- lang arts - Some1, Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 10:20am
3. i think a
4. i think c
I am taking this now
- lang arts - flvs connections academy, Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 9:49am
connections academy quick check
- lang arts - -, Monday, October 8, 2012 at 10:51am
The correct answers are:
The kid above was wrong with number 1.
- lang arts - Connections academy, Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 11:10am
You Are In Connections Academy.
I am in Connections academy
Answer this Question
English - 1. Which sentence describes setting? As much as it saddened her, the ...
History/Lang Arts? - Is there a word that describes how you express an idea? I ...
again... - how about this sentence? After breakfast, before we'd had time to...
Lang Arts Debate..PLZ HELP!!! - ok there seems to be a lil confusion. the ...
LAng. Arts - Develop a showing paragraph with specific F.I.R.E.S ( facts, ...
MATH - nan brought an apple for snack time.she gave 3/4 of the apple to will and...
Lang. Arts 2 questions - 9. What is the simple subject in the sentence below? My...
Lang Arts - 2. In Cream Puff, Jen is a dynamic character because she...
lang. arts - We read a very good Japanese folk tale called "Green Willow.&...
Literature - From my book: "Setting provides much more than just the ...
For Further Reading