Posted by jennifer on Thursday, August 30, 2012 at 11:20pm.
- pre cal - victor_hery, Friday, August 31, 2012 at 12:30am
y^2 - 4y^8 = y^2 - (2y^4)^2
= (y + 2y^4)(y - 2y^4)
formulas a^2 - b^2 = (a + b)(a - b)
- pre cal - Steve, Friday, August 31, 2012 at 12:50pm
Or, seeing that the expression as written is meaningless, and assuming the usual carelessness with parentheses,
(y^2)^(-4) * y^8
= y^(2 * -4) * y^8
= y^(-8) * y^8
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre Cal - simplify the quotient: [x(5x+1)-3(x^2+1)]/ [(x-1)^2]
- Pre-Cal - Simplify e^3ln2-1
- Pre Cal - simplify the quotient: [(x+1)^3(4x-9)-(16x+9)(x+1)^2]/[(x-6)(x+1)^3]
- PRE-CAL - SIMPLIFY 55/SQUARE ROOT OF 20 -3
- Pre Cal - simplify the expression 2sin^2 t + cos^2 t-2
- Pre-Cal - Confirm that f and g are inverses by showing that f(g(x)) = x and g(f(...
- Pre-Cal - For given functions f and g find formulas for a)f o g and b)g o f. ...
- pre-cal - can anyone please explain to me how to simplify this exponential ...
- pre cal - Can you simplify (2x^-4 y^-1 times 2y^4 z^-1)^-2/ 2yx^3 z^0 I got the ...
- Pre-cal - Simplify: A) log(x+1)+3logx B) 2log4np-3log4p C) 2ln(3x)+ln(5x)-ln6xy ...