Posted by anon on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 6:29pm.
3. What is the rhyme scheme of the following Anne Bradstreet poem?
To Her Father with Some Verses
Most truly honored, and as truly dear,
If worth in me or ought I do appear,
Who can of right better demand the same
Than may your worthy self from whom it came?
The principal might yield a greater sum,
Yet handled ill, amounts but to this crumb;
My stock's so small I know not how to pay,
My bond remains in force unto this day;
Yet for part payment take this simple mite
Where nothing's to be had, kings loose their right.
Such is my debt I may not say forgive,
But as I can, I'll pay it while I live;
Such is my bond, none can discharge but I,
Yet paying is not paid until I die.
a, b, c, d, a, b, c, d, a, b, c, d, a, b
a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n
a, a, b, b, c, c, d, d, e, e, f, f, g, g ~
aa, bb, cc, dd, ee, ff, gg, aa, bb, cc, dd, ee, ff, gg
4. How many couplets are in this poem? (1 point)
5. Which of the following best describes the main theme in this poem? (1 point)
The writer owes money to her father.
The writer greatly respects her father and the way he has raised her.
The writer does not agree with the way her father handles money.
The writer has repaid her father for his good deeds. ~
- English Poetry Check - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 6:38pm
All of your answers are wrong.
- English Poetry Check - anon, Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 6:50pm
that is rude and not very helpful..
- English Poetry Check - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 6:55pm
Did you expect me to say -- "Good try?" Or did you expect me to give you the answers?
- English Poetry Check - anon, Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 7:03pm
I expect you to help? this is a homework help site is it not? excuse me for not getting them right? Itd be nice to get help and to be told as to why the answers are wrong.
- English Poetry Check - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 7:16pm
How would you like me to help you?
- English Poetry Check - Stacey, Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 12:48pm
#4 is seven
Answer this Question
English - In my english class we have to right poems and this week we are ...
English Lit - Write a poetry explication that describes aspects that typify the ...
English-Poetry - can someone help find "The Dying Eagle" by E.J. Pratt for me i ...
English - Can you please check these sentences for me? Thank you very much. 1)...
Poetry - how to write poetry? I have a poem, but how do i get it on paper, typed...
To SraMcJin - Sra, I want to thank you for all your help on my English poetry. ...
English - I have three very last sentences I'd like you to check. Thank you. 1)...
poetry - Which one of the following is NOT necessarily an element of good poetry...
poetry - i have to write a poem on what i feel poetry is or how i feel about ...
English - Check out this site. http://www.cultureandrecreation.gov.au/articles/...