Posted by Unknown on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 2:31pm.
Graphs of functions !!
I need to determine if these are odd or even?
Algebra2 - Steve, Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 2:32pm
even if f(-x) = f(x)
odd if f(-x) = -f(x)
even if all powers are even
odd if all powers are odd
remember that 0 is an even power
Algebra2 - Unknown, Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 2:33pm
So These Are all even?!
Sorry I'm still kind of lost..
Algebra2 - Steve, Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 2:38pm
come on. can't tell even and odd numbers?!?!?
x^5-x = x^5 - x^1
5 and 1 are both odd, so f(x) is odd
5 = 5x^0
0 is an even power, so f(x) is even
x^4 + 2x^3
4 is even, 3 is odd, so f(x) is neither even nor odd.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra2 - Check Please? Determine if the given function is even, odd or neither...
- Calculus, check my answer, please! 1 - Did I get this practice question right? 1...
- math - I know It's probably an easy question but I don't know remember how to do...
- odd and even functions - Using f is odd if f(-x) = -f(x) or even if f(-x) = f(x...
- Algebra2 - Determine if the given function is even, odd or neither. 1. f(x)= 3x...
- Calculus, check my answer, please! 2 - Consider the following functions: f(x)=...
- Symmetry - For these functions, determine which ones are NEITHER even nor odd. A...
- Algebra Functions - I don't understand how you determine whether a function is ...
- Trigonometry - 1. Using the definitions of odd and even functions, explain why y...
- Math - If f and g are functions defined for all real numbers, and f is an odd ...