Posted by amanda on Monday, August 27, 2012 at 3:49pm.
If you can program a calculator or computer, estimate the length of the curve f(x) on the given interval using largest n's.
f(x)=56cos(x), for x is greater than/equal to 0 and x is smaller than/equal to pi/2.
calculus 1 - Steve, Monday, August 27, 2012 at 4:20pm
estimates, using values of n from 5 to 50:
wolframalpha.com calculates 56.0528
just type in
arc length 56cos(x), x = 0 .. pi/2
calculus 1 - amanda, Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 6:14pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Use a graphing calculator or a computer to graph the system of ...
- Calculus - Consider the function f(x)=6x-cos(x)+5 on the interval 0 is less than...
- Calculus - Hi! I need help with this problem: For 0(smaller or equal to) t (...
- Calculus - Given the function 6x+3y=18, find the area under the curve from x=0 ...
- Calculus Please Help - A) If x^2+y^3−xy^2=5, find dy/dx in terms of x and...
- Calculus - Show that the curve y=6x^3+5x-3 has no tangent line with slope 4. The...
- linear programming - For the linear program Max 2A + 7B s.t. A + B greater than ...
- math - (x-4)/(2x+4) is greater than or equal to 1. How do i express solutions to...
- calculus - Consider the function f(x)=65x−cos(x)+2 on the interval 0 less ...
- physics - A circular curve on a highway is designed for traffic moving at 27 m/s...