Posted by rfvv on Monday, August 27, 2012 at 1:53am.
1. Tadpole noodles are made from corn.
2. Tadpole noodles are made of corn.
(Which one is right?)
3. She is going to go for a hike.
4. She is going to go hiking.
5. She is going to go on a hike.
6. She is going to go out for a hike.
(Are the four sentences all grammatical? Which one is commonly used?)
•English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, August 26, 2012 at 9:24pm
Both 1 and 2 are correct.
All of the next 4 sentences are also correct. The most common ones are 4 and 5.
Thank you for your help.
1. She is going to go for a walk.
2. She is going to go on a walk.
3. She is going to go for a drive.
4. She is going to go on a drive.
5. She is going to go for a swim.
6. She is going to go on a swim.
(Is each pair the same and commonly used?)
- English - Writeacher, Monday, August 27, 2012 at 7:59am
All are correct, yes. The prepositions seem to be interchangeable.
In those last six sentences, though, I'd leave out "to go" -- that infinitive is redundant.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. Tadpole noodles are made from corn. 2. Tadpole noodles are made of ...
- English - 1. What is the title of the writing? It is "What a Great Market." 2. ...
- Science - How might a sucker mouth help a tadpole survive in a river ecosystem? ...
- Biology - Most frog species have a distinct tadpole life stage. However, ...
- Science - What are the seven stages of a frogs life cycle? it starts with eggs, ...
- MATH - Misty uses 3/4 of a bag of noodles when she makes a cartain casserole. ...
- English - Identify the sentence that contains a noun cluase in italics. 1) Betty...
- Algebra - A grocer mixes 5 lb of egg noodles costing $ .80/lb with 2 lb of ...
- math - One bag contains 3/5 of corn. A farmer feeds his chickens 4 bags of corn ...
- math - one bag contains 3/5 kg of corn a farmer feeds his chickens 4 bags of ...