Posted by kevin on Sunday, August 26, 2012 at 5:38pm.
solve equation then check for extraneous solution please someone explain this to me.
then one that is solve the inequality
I don't understand these problems and then it says to graph
- math - Henry, Monday, August 27, 2012 at 10:58pm
1. 6|6-4x| = 4+8 = 12.
Divide both sides by 6 to isolate bracket:
|6-4x| = 2
6-4x = +-2
-4x = +-2 - 6
-4x = 2-6 = -4
X = 1.
-4x = -2-6 = -8
X = 2.
Solution set: X = 1, and X = 2.
2. 5|x+3|4 < 2.
20|x+3| < 2
|x+3| < 2/20
|x+3| < 1/10
x+3 < 1/10
X < 1/10 - 30/10
X < -29/10.
-x-3 < 1/10
-x < 1/10 + 30/10
-x < 31/10
X > -31/10.
Solution set: < -29/10, and X > -31/10.
Answer this Question
- Algebra II - I need some help with some problems as well as need some checked. ...
- Math ~CHECK MY WORK PLEASE~ - Hello, Please check my answers, with stars (*) are...
- Pre-Algebra - Can someone please show me how to solve these problems step-by-...
- Math/Check - I have a few problems I need you to take a look at and tell me if ...
- Math - 1) Solve the equation for p. Identify any extraneous solutions. √p...
- math. can someone do this for me please.... - * Consider the functions f(x)=1/x...
- algebra - I just need a quick check before I hand in my work if you would......
- algebra - Solve the equation check for extraneous solutions 9[9-8x]=2x+3 please ...
- Pre-Algebra - Solving it would give u x = -4...but I am not sure how you would ...
- Intermediate Algebra - solve equation (x+1)(x-2)=54 Eric stated that the ...