Posted by Ron on Sunday, August 26, 2012 at 1:54am.
Can you please check my answers, thank you
5/y+4 + 11/y^2=y-12 = 7/y-3
The length of a rectangle is 2 cm more than twice its width. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 40 cm, find the length of the rectangle.
A. 6 cm
B. 9 cm
C. 11 cm
D. 14 cm
Answer B = 9cm
One computer printer can print a company's mailing labels in 40 minutes. A second printer would take 60 minutes to print the labels. How long would it take the two printers, operating together, to print the labels?
A. 30 minutes
B. 24 minutes
C. 50 minutes
D. 32 minutes
answer: B 24 minutes
Solve. Write the solution in interval notation.
|x + 4| 6
- Math - Ron, Sunday, August 26, 2012 at 2:17am
#4 should be A) 6 cm.
- Math - Reiny, Sunday, August 26, 2012 at 11:50am
I have a strong feeling your equation was meant to say
5/(y+4) + 11/(y^2 + y - 12) = 7/(y-3)
because of the proximity of the + and = signs, also since y^2 + y - 12 = (y+4)(y-3)
so multiply each term by y^2 + y - 12
5(y-3) + 11 = 7(y+4)
5y - 15 + 11 = 7y + 28
-2y = 32
y = -16
width --- x
length ---- 2x+2
2(2x+2 + x) = 40
6x + 4 = 40
6x = 36
x = 6
so the length is 2(6) + 2 = 14
You left out the operation sign, I will assume it is >
|x+4| > 6
x+4>6 or -x-4 >6
x>2 or -x > 10
x> 2 or x < -10
if the statement was |x+4| < 6
we would have
-10 < x < 2
call me old-fashioned but my notation is more indicative than the "interval" notation that seems to be used quite often these days.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The length of a rectangle is 5 inches less than 3 times the width. The ...
- math - the length of a rectangle is 5 ft more than twice the width. a)if x ...
- Math check my answers - I posted this before can someone please check my answers...
- math - HELP ! I just don't get this. The perimeter of a rectangle is 40 m. The ...
- Algebra 2 - I am stuck on this problem that I have tried to solve so many times...
- math - The length of a rectangle is twice the width. If the length is increased ...
- math please help - The length of a rectangle is 8 in. more than twice its width...
- math - The perimeter of a rectangle is given by P = 2W + 2L where W is the width...
- math - The length of a rectangle is 5 in. more than twice its width.? How do I ...
- basic geometry - A rectangle has width the same asa a side of a square whose ...