Posted by sarah on Thursday, August 23, 2012 at 12:34am.
Two bulbs are connected in parallel across a source of emf EMF = 10.0V with a negligible internal resistance. One bulb has a resistance of 3.0 Omega , and the other is 2.5 Omega . A resistor R is connected in the circuit in series with the two bulbs. What value of R should be chosen in order to supply each bulb with a voltage of 2.4 V ?For what value of R would the potential difference across each of the bulbs be 2.4 V ?
PHYSICS - Ajayb, Thursday, August 23, 2012 at 8:48am
The series resistor R should be chosen so as to have a voltage drop of 7.6V(10-2.4)across it.
The currents in the two bulbs:
i1=2.4/3.0 = 0.8A
i2=2.4/2.5 = 0.96A
Total current in the circuit = i1+i2
R = 7.6V/1.76A
= 4.3 Ohms
PHYSICS - sarah, Thursday, August 23, 2012 at 7:33pm
How do i solve this part:
What is the current through each individual bulb? Let I1 be the current through the bulb of resistance 3.0 Omega and I2 the current through the bulb of resistance 2.5 Omega?
PHYSICS - Ajayb, Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 2:42am
The current through each bulb is the voltage across it divided by its resistance. In this case the bulbs are in parallel and voltage across them is 2.4V.
PHYSICS - dick, Monday, May 20, 2013 at 4:48am
cum shot all over my face i love eating jizz
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - Two bulbs are connected in parallel across a source of emf EMF = 10.0V...
- PHYSICS - Two bulbs are connected in parallel across a source of emf EMF = 10.0V...
- Phyics - A resistor has a resistance R, and a battery has an internal resistance...
- Physics - A battery has an internal resistance of 0.42. A number of identical ...
- Physics EM - A battery with EMF 90.0 V has internal resistance R_b = 8.68 Omega...
- repost physics E&M please - A battery with EMF 90.0 V has internal resistance ...
- Physics - A resitor of unknown resistance and a 35-omega resistor are connected ...
- Physics - A large number of AA batteries with emf E=1.5 V and resistors with ...
- physics help pls - large number of AA batteries with emf E=1.5 V and resistors ...
- Please help asap science - 1. An electrical circuit consists of a battery with 2...