Posted by Beth on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 at 4:53pm.
If you have 3 quarters, 5 dimes, and 6 nickles, how many distinct ways can you give someone $0.50 (Assuming that all denominations of coins are distinguishable from on another)?
I found 4 ways. Is that correct?
Math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, August 22, 2012 at 5:12pm
I think there are more.
6 nickles and 2 dimes
1 quarter, 2 dimes, 1 nickel
1 quarter, 1 dime, 2 nickels
I'll bet you can find more.
Math - Reiny, Wednesday, August 22, 2012 at 5:13pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Assume that you have 7 dimes and 5 quarters (all distinct), and you ...
- word problem money - you have $ 1.55 in dimes and quarters. find all the ...
- MATH (PLease HELp) - Sally has three times as many dimes as nickels and twice as...
- math - rose counted her money and found that her 25 coins which were nickels, ...
- Algebra I - lauren has 40 coins all together, all dimes, nickles, and quarters ...
- pre calc - rose counted her money and found that her 25 coins which were nickels...
- Math - Dave has quarters, dimes and nickles in his bank. He has 3 more dimes ...
- math - greg has 2 quarters, 1 dime, and 3 nickles. Stan has 3 quarters, 2 dimes...
- math 156 - how many different ways can you make change for 75cents using ...
- Math - Charles has 34 coins 1/3 of them are pennies 1/4 is nickles 1/6 is dimes ...