Posted by sara on Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 12:30pm.
3 charges sit on vertical equilateral triangle the side of each is 30.0 cm. if the triangle are A= +4.0 uC B=+5.0 uC and C=+6.0 uC (clockwise from top) what is the force on each charge?
Can someone please explain me in detail i am really confuse :(((
Physics - bobpursley, Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 1:27pm
OK. Lets walk through one. Consider the force on charge A. It has two components, which are vectors.
The force on A from C is kQaQc/distance^2, along the direction from C to A.
The force on A from B is
kQbQa/distance^2, along the direction from B to A
so you can calculate those two forces. Howver, they are not along the same direction, so have to be added as vectors, getting a resultant force.
So add these two forces by any of the following methods...
2. Using the law of cosines (magnitude only) then the law of sines to figure the angle if you need it. Draw the figure carefully, all you need fodr these will be in the figure ...
3. By breaking each of the forces into a vertical, and hoizontal component, then adding.
Make certain you draw a figure, you have to have this in mind when computing.
Physics - Elena, Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 2:50pm
physics - sara, Friday, August 17, 2012 at 10:45pm
How did you get F12 and F13 ??
F12 = k•q1•q2/a²=9•10^9•4•10^-6•5•10^-6/0.09=2 N
F13 = k•q1•q3/a² = 9•10^9•4•10^-6•6•10^-6/0.09=2.4 N
F(A) = sqrt(F12² + F13² - 2•F12•F13•cos 120º)=
=sqrt[4+5.76-2•2•2.4(-0.5)] =3.82 N
Physics - sara, Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 3:16pm
what is 5.76??
Physics - Elena, Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 4:22pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physic - 3 charges sit on vertical equilateral triangle the side of each is 30.0...
- physics - Three charges sit on the vertices of an equilateral triangle, the side...
- physics - the side of an equilateral triangle is 20 cm identical charges of 1.5x...
- General Physics II - ___A __/__\ B/____\C radius (each side of this equilateral ...
- physics - Three equal charges are placed at the corners of an equilateral ...
- physics - The drawing shows an equilateral triangle, each side of which has a ...
- Physics - Three point charges + q, -q and + q are placed at the vertices P, Q ...
- Physics - Three point charges of 8 C, 3 C, and -5 C, are locate at the top, ...
- physics - 3 identical charges each having charge 10 coulomb are placed at the ...
- physics - An equilateral triangle has sides of 0.14 m. Charges of -9.2, +8.0, ...