Posted by alli on Saturday, August 18, 2012 at 10:14pm.
graph the function and state the vertex axis of symmetry, the intercepts, if any: f(x)=x^2-8x+15
Please show work so i can understand this. thank you
- college algebra - Henry, Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 5:53pm
F(x) = Y = x^2 - 8x + 15.
h = Xv = -B/2A = 8 / 2 = 4.
K = Yv = 4^2 - 8*4 + 15 = -1.
V(h,k) = V(4,-1).
Axis = h = 4.
The intercepts are the value of X when
Y = 0:
Y = x^2 - 8x + 15 = 0
C = 15 = (-1)*(-15) = (-3)*(-5).
We select -3 and -5 for factoring because the sum = B(-8).
(x-5)(x-3) = 0
x-5 = 0
X = 5.
x-3 = 0
X = 3.
Intercepts(Solution set): X = 5, and 3.
To graph the function, select values of X below and above h; and calculate the
corresponding value of Y.
(x,y). Y = x^2 - 8x + 15.
Answer this Question
- math-please help,need quickly - find the slant asymptote of the graphof the ...
- math, algebra,graphs help - THe directions state: (A)Complete the table, (B) ...
- Algebra,Math, graphs help - This is what the directions state to do: (A) ...
- calculus - I have two questions, please help. 1. Uss completing the square to ...
- math - . Given the following function, f(x)=-x^2 -8x find: (a) vertex, (b) axis...
- College Algebra - 1.Answer the following for the given quadratic function. f(x...
- algebra - Given the following function, find: (a) vertex (b) axis of symmetry (c...
- College algebra - Given the following quadratic equation find. a) the vertex b) ...
- college algebra - Given the following quadratic equation, find;? a. the vertex ...
- college algebra - Given the following quadratic equation, find a. the vertex b. ...