Posted by Hannah on Saturday, August 18, 2012 at 3:56pm.
do this using the appropriate number of sig figs
320.44 − (3104.1/2.6)
i got -880 as my answer and it said to check my sig figs. I thought it was all the numbers up to the ones place
chem - DrBob222, Saturday, August 18, 2012 at 5:44pm
3104.1/2.6 gives 1193.88 but that answer may have only two sig figs (because of the 2.6) so that rounds to -1.2E3.
chem - Hannah, Saturday, August 18, 2012 at 10:05pm
chem - DrBob222, Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 12:50am
I would do it this way.
3104.1/2.6 = -1193.88
-1193.88 = -1.19388E3 (2 s.f.)
+ 320.44 = 0.32044E3
= 0.87344E3 which rounds to 0.9. You are allowed the tenths in the 1.2E3 answer so you are allowed tenths in the answer.
chem - Hannah, Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 2:35pm
I am confused so the answer would be .87?
chem - Hannah, Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 3:52pm
oh oops i didn't see the e3
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics Sig Figs - When you are multiplying two numbers, how do you determine ...
- How many sig figs? - An equilibrium mixture of the following reaction was found ...
- Chemisty (Sig Figs) - this is my last question for the whole assigment and im ...
- sig figs - each of the following were suppose to be rounded to two sig figs. ...
- sig figs - I am having trouble with my sig figs Many scientific data are ...
- How many sig figs? - For this question: what is the boiling point of 0.39 mol ...
- Chemistry- sig figs - 0.2748 Is my answer and the problem is sig figs... The ...
- Chemisty (Sig Figs) - Each of the following numbers was supposed to be rounded ...
- chemistry - Sig figs 33.067. 5 sig figs .0908. 3sig figs 1099. 4 .0087. 2 check ...
- Chemisty (Sig Figs) - 1.20 Mm to kilometers its 1200 but when I put it in it ...