Posted by Sara on Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 11:39pm.
Choose the sentence that has a compound predicate.
A. Sandy washed and ironed her clothes.
B. Sue and I will listen.
C. We went home to eat and to study.
D. Swimming and golfing are Jim's favorite sports.
Is it D?
English - Ajarn, Friday, August 17, 2012 at 7:02am
The predicate usually tells what the subject is doing, or what is happening to the subject.
English - Writeacher, Friday, August 17, 2012 at 7:32am
"Compound predicate" = two verbs for the one subject. Which sentence has one person doing TWO actions?
English - Sara, Friday, August 17, 2012 at 1:03pm
is it C?
English - Ms. Sue, Friday, August 17, 2012 at 4:36pm
We only did one thing -- went home.
Sandy did two things, didn't she?
English - tani, Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 12:49pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Choos the sentence that has a compound predicate. 1) Swimming and ...
- English - 1. Select the sentence in which all pronouns are used correctly. A. ...
- English - 1. I cleaned and ironed my little brother's clothes and sold them all...
- writing - ... Is this a correct Compound Predicate? She washed the shells and ...
- READING - Underline each compound subject once and each compound predicate twice...
- Grammar and Composition - 1. Christina and Christopher worked together and ...
- English - Q: What did you do this morning? A1: I made some food in the kitchen...
- English - Which of the following sentences has a compound predicate? A. She ...
- English 12 - What is the noun function for the following sentence? Water skiing...
- English - I was not surprised when I learned that. Identify the sentence... ...