Posted by Pat on Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 3:38pm.
Are these right?!
Absolute value :
- Algebra2 - Reiny, Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 4:44pm
x^2 - 2x + 16 = 8 or x^2 - 2x + 16 = -8
x^2 - 2x + 8 = 0 or x^2 - 2x + 24 = 0
neither the first nor the second has a real solution.
2. |3x-2| = 7
3x-2=7 or 3x-2=-7
3x=9 or 3x = -5
x = 3 or x = -5/3
|3x+2| = -3
by its very definition, there cannot be a solution here.
- Algebra2 - Unknown., Friday, August 17, 2012 at 11:03am
In the first problem it was suppose to be -16
my mistake, but does it still g=have no solution?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra2 - Making Sure these are right? absolute value: 1.|7x+2|=10 x=1.1 x=1.7 ...
- algebra2 - evaluate h(-2/3) if h(x) = [[x-2]] (-2/3)-2 = -2.666666667 is this ...
- math !!!!!!please part of a major grade!!!!!! - when in the absolute value of x ...
- math, help - For the following set, which number has the largest absolute value...
- math - when in the absolute value of x equal to the absolute value of negative x...
- Algebra2 - How would you solve these absolute value equations? 1.|3x-1|=|x+4| 2...
- algebra 2 - [=absolute value [-2x+1]>2 ok im doin inequalities and the only ...
- math - i can figure this out -2+|-5+6| i try inverse but im still getting it ...
- Math - 1. Suppose a and b are integers, and the absolute value of a is > than...
- calculus - Let M=1000. Which of the conditions is equivalent to f(x)= 1/((4x-12...