Posted by Tara on Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 12:08pm.
I got this answer for a problem, and I'm not sure if it's right.
Can someone tell me if I'm correct?
1.(2+4i / 3-i)
- Algebra2 - bobpursley, Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 12:21pm
- Algebra2 - Tara, Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 12:31pm
I'm confused about this math stuff:/
it's my first time trying these algebra problems.
I'm trying to go by the teacher's examples.
Can You tell me if these are right:p?
3.4+√-20 / 2
- Algebra2 - bobpursley, Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 12:32pm
another way, in polar form:
so (2+4i)/(3-i)=sqrt20/sqrt10 @ (arctan2-arctan-1/3)=sqrt2 @(1.11rad-(-.321))
= sqrt2 @1.43rad=sqrt2 @ 81.9 deg
Now converting this (only to compare with the above)
= sqrt2 (cos81.9+isin81.9)
and the above is .2+i1.40
I rounded the angles on the arctan conversions...
- Algebra2 - bobpursley, Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 12:37pm
= 34+14i√15i ????
3.4+√-20 / 2
4/2+1/2 i sqrt20=2+.5i*sqrt4*sqrt5
= 2+i sqrt5
- Algebra2 - Steve, Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 1:16pm
I get 49-15- 14√15 i
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra2/Trig - sqr(x^2-4)+(x^2)/x^2+1 I got ((x^2+1)*sqr(x^2-4)+x^2)/x^2+1 But ...
- algebra - Find the quotient when (2x^2+5x+2) is divided by (x+2). *** Can ...
- Math - Hi, would someone mind just checking the answer I got for this formula ...
- Math - Can someone tell me how they got the answer. Problem: 9^(x+6)=7x My ...
- Math - 2x(5*2-3) > x(3-5)-2(x-1) the answer I have got is x > 2/18. Can ...
- Algebra2 - i was wondering if someone could check the answer i got for this math...
- math,help - on one of last week homeworks i got this one wrong can someone ...
- Algebra - |3x+8|=20; -4 Basically that 4 is asking whether that is a possible ...
- Math - When I did the following problem, I got -12 as my answer. It is an ...
- math - Generalize this to fine a formula for the integral: sin(ax)cos(bx)dx ...