Posted by Sara on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 4:44pm.
In a famous speech, William Jennings Bryan
A. declared that mankind shouldn't be "crucified on a cross of gold."
B. refused to be allied with the so-called "silverists."
C. declared his staunch support of the gold standard.
D. refused his nomination as the presidential candidate of the Populist Party.
Is it A?
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 4:52pm
- Social Studies - Brooke, Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 4:53pm
From the article I read on Wikipedia, I think it's C.
- Social Studies - Sara, Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 4:55pm
Okay. Are these sites trustworthy?
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 4:55pm
Read the first paragraph carefully, Brooke.
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 5:38pm
Yes. Wikipedia is trustworthy on statements of fact. The speech is a matter of public record.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - In a famous speech, William Jennings Bryan A. declared his ...
- social studies - In a famous speech, William Jennings Bryan said/did what?
- History - Who was the Democratic leader,"Cross of Gold" speech? William Jennings...
- social studies; AP US - the New Manifest Destiny of the 1890's came about ...
- english - 30. In a speech he gave last week, Deng Xiaoping .… that Chinese ...
- US History II - What was the Gold Standard in William Jennings Bryan v. William ...
- US History II - What was the dispute over the form of National Currency between ...
- history - Shortly after Wilson's first call for a "new world order" a. germany ...
- Parenthetical Reference - Whish one would be CORRECT: " quote " (Bryan). OR " ...
- Social Studies - How did the colonist show their anger for the Coercive Acts? A...