Posted by Quita on Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 5:32pm.
in order to purchase a computer for the student activities office, the freshman class decides to raise 1/3 of the money and the sophomore class decides to raise 1/2 of the money. The student government association agrees to contribute to the rest which amounted to $400.what was the cost of the computer?
- math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 5:43pm
(1/3)x + (1/2)x + 400 = x
(2/6)x + (3/6)x + 400 = x
(5/6)x -x = -400
-(1/6)x = -400
x = 400/(1/6)
x = 400 * 6
x = 2400
- math - quita, Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 5:52pm
Would this be a geometric sequence?
- math - Quita, Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 6:03pm
Can you write it in a sentence
- math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 6:04pm
What sentence should YOU write?
- math - Samantha, Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 11:47pm
How did you turn 5/6 to 1/6
- math - Maritza, Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 11:01pm
I don't understand how you turned 5/6 to 1/6
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - To purchase a computer for the student activities office, the freshman ...
- statistics - An introductory psychology class has 9 freshman males, 15 freshman ...
- algebra... - In a school, there are 4 more students in Class A than in Class B, ...
- Algebra - At Central High School, the sophomore class has 60 more students than ...
- Math - Your class decides to publish a calendar to raise money. The initial cost...
- English - There are 7 classes for first year students. Each class is composed of...
- Statistics - A group of freshmen and sophomore students was selected and each ...
- algerbra - Daniel and Ethan raise money for a charity one week. Daniel donates $...
- algebra - Daniel and Ethan raises money for a charity one week. Daniel manages ...
- Science - A science teacher was curious to see whether offering money for good ...