Posted by Charlotte on Monday, August 13, 2012 at 2:53pm.
Ben traveled by car at an average speed of 29 miles per hour.
Then, he traveled by motorcycle at an average speed of 53 miles per hour.
In total, he traveled 333 miles for 9 hours.
How many minutes did Ben travel by motorcycle? (Round to the nearest minute.)
Algebra - Steve, Monday, August 13, 2012 at 3:34pm
if he traveled x miles at 29 m/h and y miles at 53 m/h, then
x+y=333 and, since time = distance/speed,
x/29 + y/53 = 9
x/29 + (333-x)/53 = 9
x = 174
y = 159
174+159 = 333
174/29 + 159/53 = 6+3 = 9
Algebra - Sonja, Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 4:05pm
but how to calculate this part with x/29+(333-x)/53=9
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math Hurry! - Gabriela traveled by motorcycle at an average speed of 17 miles ...
- speed-distance-time - Please help me with this problem. Two cars started from ...
- Algebra Geometry 1 & 2 - A car traveled 281 miles in 4 hours, 41 minutes. What ...
- Math - 6. Columbus' ships covered approximately 144 miles a day. How many miles ...
- Math - A car traveled 281 miles in 4 hours 41 minutes. What was the average ...
- Math - The relationship between the speed of travel and the distance traveled ...
- math - a car traveled 91 miles in 3 1/4 hours. What is the cars average speed in...
- maths - A motorist travels 120 miles to his destionation at an average speed of ...
- Physics - Bernie drove home from a vacation in 1.5 hours. He traveled a total ...
- statistics - You have just completed a round trip to New York and back by car. ...