Posted by keke on Friday, August 10, 2012 at 11:36am.
A survey of 180 college men was taken. 43 students were in fraternities, 52 participated in campus sports, and 35 participated in campus tutorial programs. 13 participated in fraternities and sports, 14 in sports and tutorial programs, and 12 in fraternities and tutorial programs. 5 participated in all three activities. To start
D) How many participated in fraternities and sports but not in tutorial programs?
E) How many participated in only sports?
- math - Steve, Friday, August 10, 2012 at 11:59am
- math - Pat, Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 7:46pm
If A, then B is equivalent to If not B, then not A
Not (A and B) is equivalent to not A OR not B
Not (A or B) is equivalent to not A AND not B
Can you give an equivalent statement to
1. If an Iowa farmer does not grow corn or beans, then he grows alfalfa.
2. It is not true that both Baghdad and Iraq are countries.
3. If my nephew is playing BB tonight, then I am going to the game.
4. If it is cold in Iowa, then I turn up the thermostat.
5. If I crack black walnuts for the bird feeder, then many birds come back often to feed.
6. If the sun does not shine, then Jane does not draw the blinds shut.
7. Either Bob is not sick or Bob is not coughing.
8. It is not true that Alice can run fast and jump high.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - A survey of 180 college men was taken. 43 students were in fraternities...
- Sports - Researching events that occured in the world of sports on August 22, ...
- math - 2/5 out of 1300 students participated in a soccer game. How many ...
- MATH (STATS) - To determine the views of a students on a particular campus about...
- p6maths(non-algebra) - There were 1000 students at the parade ground and indoor ...
- Algebra one story problem help please. - in 1993, 2.00 Million females ...
- sports - in a sports development officer I am asked to provide a list of sports ...
- Mathematics - At a charity bike rally, 2/3 of the student population of ...
- math(help) - please help me im completely clueless------------------------------...
- MATH HELP - The table shows preferences of dancing or playing sports for male ...