Posted by Sam on Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 8:47am.
4 boards (1 inch X 8inchs X 6feet} and 3 boards (1 inch X 6 inches x 4feet}= how many board feet?
1 board foot =1 inch by 12 inches x 12inches
math - MathMate, Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 9:04am
Find the total volume in cubic inches and divide by 144 cubic inches/board-foot.
will be the answer.
I will let you find that using your calculator.
math - roxann, Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 11:29am
the answer is 1730.25. The first part of the equation equals 2,304 then you add the 3 to it to make it 2,307 then you will times that by the second equation which is 108 and that will equal 249,156 when that is divided by 144 u get the answer
math - MathMate, Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 8:54pm
when we have mixed addition and multiplications, the priority of operations dictate that multiplications and divisions take precedence over addition and multiplication.
(5*2)+(3*4) (* & ÷ before + & -
(5*2+3)*4 would not be the right way to do it.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - John is designing a redwood deck. each board is 5 1/2 inches wide, and ...
- Math - You are making poster board boundary markers in the shape of square ...
- Math - A .Lyza has a 9-inch board. She wants to measure the length of a small ...
- Math - Nan wants to measure the length of board. Which of the following units ...
- Math - A man is cutting a board that is 6 3/4 ft into pieces that are 8 inches ...
- Math - I'm completely confused, please help explain how my teacher got this ...
- Chemistry 101 - A carpenter is building a deck and needs 750 board meters of ACC...
- math - ralph displays 9 samples of fabric on a rectangular posterboard. each ...
- math - 1. Corey needs 24 boards that are 47.5 inches How many feet of board ...
- algebra - A statue is 8 feet tall. The display case for a model of the statue is...