Posted by Math Geek on Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 4:27pm.
What does round off 3,258 to the nearest ten,hundred ,and thousand mean.
math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 4:37pm
First you need to understand place values.
8 is in the ones place
5 is in the tens place
2 is in the hundreds place
3 is in the thousands place
To round to the nearest ten, look at the number to the right. If it's 5 or more, you round up.
So 3,258 rounded to the nearest 10 is 3,260
Check these sites for more information.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 4th grade math - 387,422 round to the nearest thousand 124,607 round to the ...
- math - Round 546 to the nearest ten. Round 5,762 to the nearest hundred. Round ...
- math applications - Round 0.8394263 to the nearest hundred-thousandth. Round the...
- math - A) Use numerals to write a ten digit number using the following ...
- math - round to the nearest thousand, nearest hundred, nearest ten 8999
- math - Round to the nearest thousand, nearest hundred, and the nearest ten 7509
- math - 427,685 nearest thousand is it 428,000 0.8394263 nearest hundred-...
- 4th grademath - can't remember how to round off numbers such as 105,219 to the ...
- math - 8. in the 2004 presidentail election, 4651 residents of the state of ...
- math - how do you round off 2,603,484 to the nearest hundred thousand