Posted by Grace on Sunday, August 5, 2012 at 8:04pm.
1) Mr.Anderson has 3 passenger seats in his car.He offered to drive some of the 5 members of his daughter's club to the movies. How many different groups of 3 passengers could he drive?
2) A jar has green and red marbles.If the ratio of green to red is 3:2,what is the probability that one marble selected at random will be green?
3)The average of the old integers between 10 and 20 is how much more than the average of the even intergers between 0 and 20?
4) In the River City string ensemble of 15 people, 8 people play the violin and 5 people play the cello. If 2 of these people play both instruments,how many members of the string ensemble play neither of these instruments?
- Math - Partial answer - Ms. Sue, Sunday, August 5, 2012 at 8:10pm
[(2 + 4 + 6 + 8 + 10 + 12 + 14 + 16 + 18)/9] - [(11 + 13 + 15 + 17 + 19)/5] = ?
- Math - MathMate, Sunday, August 5, 2012 at 8:34pm
1) 5 choose 3
3 out of 5 is green, so
3) check if "between 0 and 20" includes or excludes the two ends.
Number of people who play at least one of violin or cello
So four of the members do not play the violin nor the cello.
- Math - Ms.Sue, Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 5:25pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra Math - Please put this into an equation problem= Chuck has 8.25 ...
- Computer - What is the standard configuration for a newly purchased hard drive? ...
- physics - If 7.00hp are required to drive a 1500-kg automobile at 66.0 km/h on ...
- Physics - If 7.00hp are required to drive a 1500-kg automobile at 66.0 km/h on a...
- Math - I need help on how to work the problem below. The teacher said the answer...
- MATH HELP PLEASE!! - On a flight with 138 passengers, each passenger had the ...
- College math - On a flight with 138 passengers, each passenger had the choice of...
- math - MOVIE CLUB Members of a movie rental club pay $15 annual membership fee ...
- Math - A rental car agency charges $50 plus .25 cents per mile to rent a car. ...
- Math - The cost of renting a car is a flat $25, plus an additional 9 cents per ...