Posted by Emma on Saturday, August 4, 2012 at 12:25pm.
Look for the compound verbs in the sentence below;
Lacrosse looks like an easy sport to play but it is really quite difficult.
The two compound verbs I found were "looks" and "is".
English - Ms. Sue, Saturday, August 4, 2012 at 12:28pm
This sentence does not have a compound verb. Each of those verbs has a different subject, making this a compound SENTENCE.
English - Emma, Saturday, August 4, 2012 at 4:48pm
So what you mean is that there are no compound words in this sentence? And I should choose Lacrosse and looks?
English - Ms. Sue, Saturday, August 4, 2012 at 5:05pm
There are no compound verbs in this sentence. Period!
"Lacrosse looks" is a subject and verb.
English - Emma, Saturday, August 4, 2012 at 5:12pm
Then if there are no compound verbs in that sentence then which choice do you think it would "make sense" to choose?
A. lacrosse, looks
B. look, is
C. lacrosse, sport
D. looks difficult
English - Ms. Sue, Saturday, August 4, 2012 at 5:20pm
None of them. This question has a mistake.
Please ask your teacher about this question. Point out that a compound verb must have only one subject. Yet each verb in this sentence has a different subject.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. He looks like he is in another world. 2. He looks like he has a lot...
- English - 1. What does she look like? She looks sad. 2. What is she like? She ...
- English - What is a verb? An action word like run,walk,play! There are also "...
- english - what is the compound verb & subject of the sentence "local governments...
- English - Posted by rfvv on Friday, July 2, 2010 at 1:00am. 1. What does she ...
- English - A compound sentence contains two simple sentences joined by a ...
- Grammar Please hurry please - Identify the words that correctly complete the ...
- English - Ok, so I never really got grammar that well and I'm terrible when it ...
- English - Would the sentence below be: SIMPLE, COMPLEX, COMPOUND, or COMPOUND ...
- English - I need help with diagramming sentences. How do you diagram "Bruno and ...