Posted by Morgan on Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at 11:08am.
The municipal swimming pool in Nicetown has three different ways of paying for individual open swimming. Evan is trying to decide which way to pay.
• Early Pay: Pay $45 before Memorial Day; swim any number of days
• Deposit Plus: $20 deposit plus $2.00 per day
• Daily Pay: $3.50 per day
1. Write an equation for each situation such that the cost, y, of swimming is a function of the number of days swimming, x. The ordered pairs will be in the form, (x, y), and you can write your equations in slope-intercept form.
a. Early Pay:
b. Deposit Plus:
c. Daily Pay:
2. Fill in the table with the costs of swimming the given number of days.
Table of swimming costs using the three different payment methods
Payment Method Number of days 0 days 10 days 12 days 14 days 20 days
3. On your own (ungraded), graph each equation on the same set of axes so you can visually compare the payment methods. Let the horizontal axis be the number of days swimming, x, and the vertical axis the cost in dollars, y.
Answer the following questions:
4. If Evan goes swimming 10 times, which is the best payment method for him, and how much will he have to pay?
5. If Evan goes swimming 12 times, which is the best method for him, and how much will he have to pay?
6. If Evan goes swimming 14 times, which is the best method for him, and how much will he have to pay?
7. If Evan doesn’t know how many times he will go swimming, which method do you think he should choose and why?
- math - Morgan, Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at 11:24am
its urgent people!!
- math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at 12:15pm
- math - Morgan, Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at 1:06pm
i needed a better answer
- math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at 1:29pm
I suggest you repost your question, carefully explaining what you do not understand about this assignment. Someone will probably be able to help you then, but I doubt if anyone will do the whole assignment for you.
Answer this Question
math project.. PLEASE HELP!! - The municipal swimming pool in Nicetown has three...
urgent!! - Summer Swimming Selection The municipal swimming pool in Nicetown has...
Algebra - Ernest receives $555 per year from his $7000 investment in municipal ...
computers - Problem Solving INCORRECT PAY RATE: Recently you received a ...
Math - The area of a circular swimming pool is 225pi square meters. What is the ...
Math - Employer receive a base pay of $900.00 plus a sales commission of 6% of ...
Pre Calc - A swimming pool can be filled by a vent in 10 hours. When the pool is...
math - a certain company makes inflatable swimming pools that come in four ...
math - A community swimming pool buoys every 1.5 feet across the pool to mark ...
math - julie and brandon cut lawns for their neighbors to earn money to a local ...