Posted by Grace on Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 5:40pm.
a square in a circle with a radius of 2 pi .What is the perimeter of the square?
Math - Steve, Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 6:37pm
radius = 2pi, so diameter = 4pi
circle diameter is the length of the side of the square.
perimeter = 4*4pi = 16pi
Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 8:00pm
Isn't the diagonal of the square the same as the diameter of the circle?
Math - Reiny, Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 8:01pm
So the diagonal of the square is 4π
let each side of square be x
x^2 + x^2 = 16π^2
2x^2 = 16π^2
x^2 = 8π^2
x = π√8
4x = 4π√8
= 8√2 π
Math - ouch - Steve, Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at 10:01am
Ms Sue, you are correct. Nice save for you and Reiny.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - A Circle has an area of 25 pie centimeter squared.If one side of the ...
- physics - A circle with a radius of R is inscribed in a square. On the corner of...
- math - A circle has its center at the center of a square with 12-inch sides. ...
- Geometery - How do I solve this? On my assignment it says find the area inside ...
- Math - A piece of wire is bent to form a square of area 121cm. Calculate: a)the ...
- Calculus - A square is inscribed in a circle. If the area of the circle is 144(...
- math - If a quarter circle is placed on a square target and the radius of the ...
- geometry maths - a circle of radius 1 is inscribed in a square. A smaller circle...
- algebra 1 - A high school wrestling mat must be a square with 38-foot sides and ...
- pre cal - Suppose you inscribe a square in a circle of radius r. Thus all four ...