Posted by True on Monday, July 30, 2012 at 9:20pm.
Find the value of y for which the equation below is true.
|2x| |y + 7|
|x | = |7 - 3y|
3, -3, 1, or 4
Algebra 2 (again) - MathMate, Monday, July 30, 2012 at 9:48pm
Multiply the second equation by 2 to get the system:
|2x| |y + 7|
|2x| = |14 - 6y|
Equating the right-hand side gives us the TWO equations:
which can be solved for x, and x=1
2*(7-3*x)=-(x+7) which gives x=21/5.
Make an appropriate choice of the solutions.
Algebra 2 (again) - Steve, Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 10:47am
These are matrices.
I get y=1
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - Find the value of x for which the equation below is true. |5x - 2y...
- Alg 2 - Find the value of x for which the equation below is true. |5x - 2y| |18...
- more math.. - Find the value of x for which the equation below is true. |5x - 2y...
- Math - Each letter in the equation below represents a different digit from the ...
- algebra - The weight of an object follows the equation w=Cr^-2, where C is the ...
- Algebra - Is it possible to find a value for c so that the linear system below ...
- math - can someone correct this for me... solve: -4(2x - 3) = -8x + 5 my answer...
- EQUATION - What value of x makes the equation below true? 1/2(6x-6)+1=3(4x-1) A ...
- Math - What value of x will make the equation below true? 2x-6=3x+1-x-7
- Algebra - I am stuck, pleas help, i have the example but I am still not able to ...