Posted by Aya Taraf on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 5:39pm.
A personís daily sodium intake should be reduced to less than ________ milligrams and further reduced to ________ milligrams among persons who are 51 and older and those of any age who are African American or have hypertension, diabetes, or chronic kidney disease.
A. 1,000; 500
B. 2,000; 1,000
C. 2,800; 600
D. 2,300; 1,500
D? please tell me if its correct or not :)
- Health - Ms. Sue, Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 5:43pm
I think it's wrong. Check your text.
There seem to be several different minimum recommendations.
- Health - Ms. Sue, Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 5:48pm
"The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend limiting sodium to less than 2,300 mg a day ó or 1,500 mg if you're age 51 or older, or if you are black, or if you have high blood pressure, diabetes or chronic kidney disease."
- Health - Aya , Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 5:49pm
i dont know none of the numbers in the test match with my choices :(
i still think its D because :
"Previous recommendations suggested that salt intake should be below 2,300 mg per day for American adults, but advised that people at risk -- those with hypertension, blacks, and older individuals -- lower their intake to 1,500 mg."
- Health - Aya , Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 5:53pm
Thanks anyways !!
- Health - Ms. Sue, Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 5:55pm
Yes, you seem to be right.
- Health - Amanda, Friday, February 13, 2015 at 5:47pm
Reduce daily sodium intake to less than 2,300 milligrams (mg) and further reduce intake to 1,500 mg among persons who are 51 and older and those of any age who are African American or have hypertension, diabetes, or chronic kidney disease.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - A certain can of iced tea contains 4% of the recommended daily ...
- calculus - The treatment of a certain viral disease requires a combination dose ...
- Pre-Calculus - The treatment of a certain viral disease requires a combination ...
- chemistry - A solution of sodium bicarbonate is prepared by adding 45.00g of ...
- health - In the United States, the highest reported rates of infection of ...
- Health Part 2 - In the United States, the most at risk and highest reported ...
- Health - If older adults are at risk of falling, they should do exercises that ...
- math - A patient is not allowed to have more than 300 milligrams of cholesterol ...
- Statistics - Cigarette companies advertise that the mean amount of nicotine in ...
- chem - can someone tell me which of the following elements are expected to be ...