Posted by Sheri on Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 2:34pm.
A researcher wants to see if gender plays a role in where we sit in a restaurant. An analysis of survey data yields the following contingency table, chi-squared value, and p-value:
Tabulated statistics: Gender, Seating
Rows: Gender Columns: Seating
Back Front Middle All
Female 14 28 84 126
Male 18 18 63 99
All 32 46 147 225
Pearson Chi-Square = 2.469, DF = 2, P-Value = 0.291
a. What is the interpretation of the p-value for the Chi-Squared Statistic value of 2.469?
There is no realtionship in this population
b. What is the conclusion based on the p-value?
my answer: the p value is a probability
c. What are the null and alternative hypotheses for this Chi-Squared Test?
My answer: the null- More males sit in the front and middle in restaurant
Alternative : the females sit in the back of the restaurant
- Statistics - PsyDAG, Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 3:01pm
b. What level of significance are you using? If P ≤ .05, then there is a relationship. You reject the null hypothesis. If P ≤ .01, you do not reject.
c. Ho(null): There is no relationship between gender and where people sit in a restaurant.
Ha: There is a relationship between gender and where people sit in a restaurant.
- Statistics - Sheri, Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 3:20pm
What is the interpretation of the p-value for the Chi-Squared Statistic value of 2.469?
-- were do I go from here on this one??
Answer this Question
- statistics - Using our data set from Unit 1, compose a 3-page e-mail to the head...
- Statistics - In the following cross tab or contingency table the favorite sport ...
- Statistics - I have recently administered an employee survey at a call center. I...
- statistics - A consumer at a bread factory would like to know if there are ...
- Psychology Statistics - Submit your answers to the following questions using the...
- Business Statistics - A chi-square test for independence with 8 degrees of ...
- statistics - In a chi-squared test of a contingency table, the value of the test...
- statistics - 1. The table below presents data for a sample of people who ...
- business statistics - In testing the independence of two variables described in ...
- Math- Really need help! - A consumer at a bread factory would like to know if ...