Posted by INDIANA on Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 11:47am.
an aircraft's reading shows
time 8:55 at distance travelled 957km
time 9:07 at distance travelled 1083
calculate distance travelled in km
calculate the average speed of aircraft in km/h
(for the 1st question 1083-957= 126km)
(the second one should i add 1083+957km then divided it by both times minuses or the both times added to get the average speed)
Mathematics - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 12:20pm
Mathematics - Reiny, Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 12:24pm
I will assume you want the avg speed between 8:55 and 9:07. We cannot calculate the average speed for the whole trip since we don't know the starting time.
average speed = total distance/total time
= 126/(12/60) , time from 8:55 to 9:07 = 12 min = 12/60 hrs
= 630 km/h
Mathematics - INDIANA, Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 12:48pm
how did you get 12 min from 8:55 to 9:07?? and is the 1st answer that i have correct... because the link says otherwise
Mathematics - Reiny, Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 1:04pm
from 8:55 to 9:00 is 5 minutes
from 9:00 to 9:07 is 7 minutes, so .....
Your question "calculate distance travelled in km" is not clear
Do you want the total distance travelled, that would be 1083
between 8:55 and 9:07 it would be 126 km
Overall, a very poorly worded question.
Mathematics - Anonymous, Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 11:31pm
that is what was asked it never said total distance it said calculate distance traveled in km
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Mathematics - an aircraft's reading shows time 8:55 at distance travelled 957km ...
- Mathematics - Two readings are taken from an aircraft's flight record Time - 08:...
- Math help - Conversion - Good Evening everyone I'd like to propose a valid ...
- science - An aircraft lands with an initial velocity of 85 m/s and decelerates ...
- math - an ultralight plane had been flying for 40 min when a change of wind ...
- maths - A truck rolls down a hill subject to acceleration due to gravity and ...
- Physics - An aircraft has a landing velocity of 50 ms-1 and decelerates ...
- math - a man travelled xhrs at 5km/hr and yhrs at 8km/hr .Distance travelled ...
- maths - the equation for the motion of an object with constant acceleration is d...
- Rf values - Question: Consider a sample that is a mixture composed of biphenyl, ...