Posted by Robert on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 2:17pm.
This is the last question for a final exam preparation sheet and I can't figure out the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- One very long wire carries current 10.0 A to the left along the x axis. A second very long wire carries current 75.0 A to the right along the line
(y = 0.280 m, z = 0).
(a) Where in the plane of the two wires is the total magnetic field equal to zero? (along the y axis)
(b) A particle with a charge of -2.00 µC is moving with a velocity of 150 Mm/s along the line (y = 0.100 m, z = 0). Calculate the vector magnetic force acting on the particle.
(c) What If? A uniform electric field is applied to allow this particle to pass through this region undeflected. Calculate the required vector electric field.
- Physics - Electromagnetism - Elena, Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 4:39pm
Magnetic field of the long current carrying wire according to Biot-Savert Law is
The desired point is separated by distance “x” from the 1st current and by distance (d+x) from the 2nd current (along y-axis).
(b) Magnetic force (Lorentz force) is
Since the motion of the particle is along the straight line, then F=0
(c) Electric field has to be applied along the direction of the particle motion (E↑↑ῡ, E↑↓ῡ)
- Physics - Electromagnetism - Robert, Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 9:09am
thank you Elena!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- electromagnetism - the middle wire carries 2A, and the bottom wire carries 3A. ...
- College Physics - A very long wire carries an I1 = 7.80 A current along the x ...
- physics - A long horizontal wire carries a current of 48A . A second wire, made ...
- Physics - A long horizontal wire carries a current of 48A . A second wire, made ...
- Physics, Please Help - A 5.7 cm thick layer of oil (n=1.46) is sandwiched ...
- electromagnetism - Three long, thin, co-planar wires are separated by 10cm and ...
- Physics - One long wire carries current 26.0 A to the left along the x axis. A ...
- physics - Two insulated wires, each 2.70 m long, are taped together to form a ...
- Physics 2 - The wire in the figure below carries a current of 12 A. Suppose that...
- Physics 2 - The wire in the figure below carries a current of 13 A. Suppose that...