Posted by Alex on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 7:19pm.
A. general election
D. open primary
F. interest group
G. trade union
I. closed primary
J. public policy
L. run-off primary
N. blanket primary
1.The ____________________ only allows party members to vote on who they want as their one candidate running for any particular office in the general election.
2.After the primary elections are done, a _____________________ is held in November.
3.The _________________ allows all voters to choose the candidate nominees for BOTH parties to advance to the general election.
4.Occasionally political parties save money by nominating candidates for office through ____________________ instead of public voting.
5.Interest groups try to persuade public officials to support their cause through a tactic known as ______________, in which they use persuasive messages to pressure a public official to endorse a certain policy.
6.News media sources often give you quick _________________ about candidates running for office, but this doesn't allow the common person enough information to make an informed decision as to whether to vote for them.
7.A(n) _________________ is held if no candidate receives the majority in the initial primary, so another primary is held to determine a winner amongst the top two or three contenders.
8.The main goal of an interest group is to change _________________, or all those things a government decides to do.
9.___________________, or the naming of those who will seek office, should be a democratic process.
10.Many interest groups or causes develop out a(n) _______________ effort, meaning everyday, common citizens begin the fight for a particular cause.
11.A(n) ______________ is type of interest group that fights for better employee wages, benefits, and working conditions.
12.There are weaknesses to measuring public opinion via a(n) ________________, or an election result, due to the fact that many Americans do not vote.
13.A(n) _________________ is an organization that emerges to fight for a cause then promote the values & preferences of its members.
14.Interest groups like to use a tactic known as __________________ to win over the public and encourage them to support some sort of action when it comes to that group's agenda.
15.The ___________________ allows all voters to pick one party in which they want to vote, then choose the one candidate (voters choose whether to vote in either the Democratic or Republican primaries).
My answers were...IADJMELOKHGCFBN...I know 5 are wrong but can you please tell me which ones are right.
- Government vocab - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 7:24pm
Please number your answers.
Which 5 do you think are wrong?
- Government vocab - bobpursley, Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 7:33pm
- Government vocab - Alex, Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 7:35pm
1.i 2.a 3.d 4.j 5.m 6.e 7.l 8.o 9.k 10.h 11.g 12.c 13.f 14.b 15.n
I'm not sure on numbers 3,4,7,8,10,12,13
- Government vocab - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 7:47pm
I think these are wrong:
3, 4, 6, 8, 12
- Government vocab - Alex, Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 10:09pm
6 is correct
- Government vocab - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 10:14pm
Yes, Sorry, 6 is correct.
Then 15 is wrong.
- Government vocab - Alex, Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 10:34pm
3.n 4.c 8.j 12.o 15.d
- Government vocab - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 10:40pm
I agree with all of your answers now! :-)
- Government vocab - Alex, Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 10:42pm
- Government vocab - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 10:53pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- government - voters select government officials during the a. convention b. ...
- 205 - In three of last four presidential races, the winner of the iowa ...
- CRT 205 Crticial thinking - . In three of the last four presidential races, the ...
- Primary Source - I am trying to find a primary source on Ferdinand Magellan. I ...
- Government - The primary eletion as a means of choosing the states' delegates to...
- government - in a closed primary a. any voter may vote in any one party's ...
- Science - Sustained increase in the population that makes up all the trophic ...
- Epidemiology - what was the primary outcome variable of interest for alcohol ...
- newspaper & t.v. political race-- question - Newspaper and television coverage ...
- Primary Sources Search Help - I'm looking for primary sources from when ...