Posted by Madi on Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 10:13pm.
This case came about because President Marbury refused to honor the last-minute judicial appointments of Pres. Madison.
2. Marbury wanted the courts to issue of writ of mandamus, a court order forcing Jefferson to give him his commission.
3. The Supreme Court ruled that the courts did have the right to issues writs of mandamus under the Judiciary Act of 1789 which fairly and judiciously grants the courts the power of writs of mandamus.
4. In Marbury v. Madison, the U.S. Supreme Court asserted its power to review acts of Congress and invalidate those that conflict with the United States Constitution.
5. Overall, this case was important because it asserted the courts' power of judicial review.
are these right?
Government - Ms. Sue, Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 10:22pm
1. Which case?
Government - Madi, Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 10:38pm
Marbury v Madison
Government - Ms.Sue, Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 3:15am
Number 3 is false
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- can you explain this to me government - First decision by the Supreme Court to ...
- constitution - What was William Marbury seeking from the Supreme Court in ...
- pol201 - Question 2. 2. In Marbury v. Madison, the Supreme Court established ...
- Political Science - In Marbury v. Madison, the Supreme Court established the ...
- history - What set up regional courts for the U,S with 16 judges and other ...
- History - Could someone explain the concept of judicial review and its impact on...
- History - 4. Who Killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel in 1804? Aaron Burr? 5.Who ...
- Social Studies - Did the Marbury v. Madison case affect the power of the ...
- constitution - Which case did NOT involve an issue of judicial review? A. ...
- U.S> - In the "Marbury Vs. Madison" case, did Marbury actually get the ...