Posted by Madi on Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 10:13pm.
This case came about because President Marbury refused to honor the last-minute judicial appointments of Pres. Madison.
2. Marbury wanted the courts to issue of writ of mandamus, a court order forcing Jefferson to give him his commission.
3. The Supreme Court ruled that the courts did have the right to issues writs of mandamus under the Judiciary Act of 1789 which fairly and judiciously grants the courts the power of writs of mandamus.
4. In Marbury v. Madison, the U.S. Supreme Court asserted its power to review acts of Congress and invalidate those that conflict with the United States Constitution.
5. Overall, this case was important because it asserted the courts' power of judicial review.
are these right?
- Government - Ms. Sue, Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 10:22pm
1. Which case?
- Government - Madi, Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 10:38pm
Marbury v Madison
Answer this Question
Us Government - a) Identify two express powers of the president b) what are the ...
government - who becomes acting president if the president is disabled a. the ...
government - the job of the national security council is to a. advise the ...
Government - True or false The heads of the executive departments form the ...
government - which of the following is a way a bill can become a law without the...
US GOV - Which of the following statements concerning the Twenty-fifth Amendment...
government - which has not been a factor in the growth of presidential power a. ...
government - if the offices of both president and vice president become vacant, ...
USA PoliScience - In forming Medicare, a. President Johnson allowed ...
U.S. GOVERNMENT - True or False Qsns: 1)Indiana is TECHNICALLY not a "state," ...