Posted by Ellen on Friday, July 20, 2012 at 9:26pm.
Universal instruments found that the monthly demand for its new line of Galaxy Home Computers t months after placing the line on the market was given by
D(t) = 2900 − 2300e−0.08t (t > 0)
Graph this function and answer the following questions.
(a) What is the demand after 1 month? After 1 year? After 2 years? after 5 years?
after 1 month computers
after 1 year computers
after 2 years computers
after 5 years computers
(b) At what level is the demand expected to stabilize?
(c) Find the rate of growth of the demand after the tenth month.
computers per month
- math help - Reiny, Friday, July 20, 2012 at 11:54pm
simply sub in each of the values, I will do the one for 2 years
at 2 years, t = 24
D(24) = 2900- 2300e^(-.08(24))
= appr 2563
b) notice that as t gets larger, e^-.08t gets smaller.
So eventually D(t) becomes 2900-0 or 2900
D'(t) = .08(2300)e^-.08t
when t = 10
D'(10) = .08(2300)e^(.08(10)) = 83computers/month
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - Universal instruments found that the monthly demand for its new line ...
- math - h worked the following problem incorrectly. Part 1) In which line was the...
- biology - Given the part of the molecule shown below, can the underlined atom ...
- Math - This question concerns the straight line that passes through the points...
- Mathamatics - This question concerns the straight line that passes through the ...
- vectors linear algebra - The parametric equations for a line L1 are as follows: ...
- math - The monthly income I, in dollars, from a new product is given by I(t) = ...
- algebra - Which choice is the equation of a line that passes through the point (...
- math - Find an equation of the line that satisfies the given conditions. Through...
- linear algebra - Let L be the line with parametric equations x = −5+2t y...