How do you calculate the theoretical cell voltage?
1) Zn|Zn^+2 (1M)| Cu|Cu^+2 (1M)
2) Cu|Cu^+2 (1M)| Zn|Zn^+2 (1M)
3) Fe|Fe^+2 (1M)| Cu|Cu^+2 (1M)
4) Zn|Zn^+2 (1M)| Cu|Cu^+2 (0.1M)
5) Cu|Cu^+2 (1M)| Cu|Cu^+2 (0.1 M)
Now 4 and 5 have different moles how do you calculate those ones? And please can you do one I want to see if I'm on the right track, thank you so much.
chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 10:21pm
Rather than us typing up one or more of these to let you check your work why don't you show how you've done one or two and let us critique your work?
I think the easy way to solve those with different concns is to solve for Eo cell, then use Ecell = Eocell -(0.059/n)*log Q. Log Q is where the different concns go and Ecell comes from that.