Posted by rfvv on Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 4:23pm.
1. Thomas ____ there but a minute when his girl friend arrived. (be)
2. Some kids ____ to tears with the ordinary textbooks when they entered high school. (bore)
(What is the suitable forms of the verbs of the parentheses in the blanks/)
3. Robert announced that he was ____ out of college.
(Can I enter 'dropped' in the blank to complete the sentence?)
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 4:31pm
1. had been
2. were bored
3. Dropped would work if you change the helping verb to has or had.
English - rfvv, Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 4:35pm
3. Robert announced that he was dropped out of college.
(Thank you for your help. Is this sentence right in grammar? What other expressions can we use instead of 'dropped'?)
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 4:44pm
That is not the usual way of stating that idea.
If he leaves college on his own, then we can say he dropped out. If the college makes him leave, then say he was expelled or suspended from college.
Do you see the difference between the active and passive voices here?
English - rfvv, Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 4:52pm
Ok. Thank you.
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 4:58pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar - Fill in the sentences with adverbs. Do not repeat. 1.______ my friend ...
- math - Write the first six terms of each of the sequences whose nth term is a)(-...
- math [geometry honors] - i really need help solving these problems since the ...
- math - 7. ____ is two thirds of ____ 8. ____ is three quarters of ____ 9. ____ ...
- Math - Magic Square??? - My daughter is in 2nd grade and has a worksheet called ...
- Spanish 2 - I am writing things that I do on the ship. Choose the correct verb (...
- English - Are the pronouns I put down right? My answers are the ones in ...
- Spanish 1 - A spanish exchange student is trying to figure out what his friends ...
- science - Words to use: Accelerate - Sliding - Brake - Friction - Slipping - ...
- math - 8. ____ is three quarters of ____ 9. ____ is a quarter of ____ 10. ____ ...