Posted by victoria on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 11:58am.
1.Which of the following statements about Woodrow Wilson is true?
A) He wanted to place strict government controls on corporations.
B) He overturned discriminatory laws against African Americans.
C) He advocated eliminating the income tax.
D) He opposed reforms to the banking system.
2.How did Wilson compensate for the reduced government income resulting from his lowering of tariffs?
A) taxing businesses
B) charging federal interest on loans
C) creating an income tax
D) cutting government expenses
3.What role of today’s federal government did Theodore Roosevelt first champion during hispresidency?
A) economic aid to the poorest sectors of society
B) restrictions on environmental pollutants
C) the regulation of the growing telecommunications industry
D) the regulation of the food and drug industries
4.In 1914, Congress formed the Federal Trade Commission to
A) inspect food and medicines sold across state lines.
B) monitor business practices that might lead to monopoly.
C) identify those activities in which businesses could not engage.
D) protect labor unions from being attacked as trusts.
5.Which of the following was among the chief goals of the Progressive Movement?
A) Progressives worked toward a stronger role for women in the political arena.
B) Progressives sought to bring safety measures to the increasingly industrial workplace.
C) Progressives hoped to reform the federal banking system.
D) Progressives urged a strict separation between church and state.
6.Dubbed “muckrakers” by Theodore Roosevelt, what role did many journalists and otherwriters assume at the turn of the century?
A) They began to address the concerns of citizens outside of the nation’s urban areas.
B) They exposed social and political injustices that led readers to demand reforms
C) They aligned themselves with specific political parties.
D) They turned their attention to the concerns of the growing upper class.
7.The concept of “rational use” suggested that
A) private companies manage water resources.
B) forests be preserved for public use.
C) the federal government sell Alaskan lands to business interests.
D) all wild areas be left untouched.
8.Why did African Americans form early 20th-century groups such as the NAACP and the Urban League?
A) They believed that organizing would give them the strategic strength to fight discriminatory practices.
B) Their churches were reluctant to enter battles over social reform.
C) They were shut out of already-existing groups that had urged Progressive reforms
D) They noted the success of the Jewish Anti-Defamation League.
9.Wilson’s New Freedom worked to improve which of the following?
A) social welfare
B) international relations
C) economic policy
D) public education
10.Which woman founded the National Association of Colored Women to help AfricanAmerican families and those who were less fortunate?
A) Alice Paul
B) Ida B. Wells
C) Susan B. Anthony
D) Elizabeth Cady Stanton
11.Many Progressives who followed Walter Rauschenbusch’s Social Gospel programbelieved thatA government
A) government should not regulate business.
B) Christianity should be the basis of social reform.
C) child labor encouraged discipline and a strong work ethic.
D) laws shortening the workweek were unconstitutional.
12.During the 1902 coal miners’ strike in Pennsylvania, President Roosevelt
A) ordered the National Guard to stop the strike.
B) remained neutral.
C) threatened to send federal troops to take control of the mines if the owners and workers didn't work out a square deal.
D) prohibited the miners from forming a union.
Please i need major help
- US History - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 12:04pm
Yes, you do need major help! You posted 12 questions -- and no answers.
Please start by carefully reading your text materials.
Then -- answer the questions as well as you can. I'll be glad to check your answers.
- US History - Sweet 16 Babiie, Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 4:31pm
7. private companies manage water resources.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- history - how did Woodrow Wilson's reform platform during the 1912 campaign ...
- history - i really need help on this, i've been trying to answer it for so long...
- Sociology - Can someone help me with my three questions and let me know if I ...
- history - I'm stuck between two answers on this question, and was wondering if ...
- History Help - Which of the following statements about Federalists is true? a. ...
- US History - 9. How did Woodrow Wilson's reform platform during the 1912 ...
- Government - Most civil rights laws in the U.S. resulted from efforts made by ...
- SOCIAL STDIES HELP! - 1. What caused the civil rights movement to gain momentum...
- US history - q. Once be became president, Woodrow Wilson, a progressive, was a ...
- College History - I have quite a few that I couldn't figure out on my assignment...