Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 1:18am.
The population of the world in 1987 was 5 billion and the annual growth rate was
estimated at 2 percent per year. Assuming that the world population follows an
exponential growth model, find the projected world population in 2015.
- maths - MathMate, Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 9:13am
Population in billions at time t (counting from 1987) as
where A and k are constants.
At t=0 (1987),
the formula becomes:
Take log both sides
k=log(1.02) [natural log]
where log(1.02)=0.0198 approx.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Wk 6 Sec 12.7 #24 World population growth In 2008 the world population...
- Math - The population of the Earth is approximately 6 billion people and is ...
- College Algebra - The population of the Earth is approximately 6 billion people...
- Math - In 1987, the population of Mexico was estimated at 82 million people, ...
- College Algebra - The population of the Earth is approximately 6 billion people ...
- Uninhibited Growth - In 1992, Chad and Denmark each had a population of about 5....
- Macroeconomics - Calculating the Rate of Growth of Per Capita Real GDP The ...
- Math - Suppose that a country's population is 64 million and its population ...
- Math - he world population at the beginning of 1990 was 5.3 billion. Assume that...
- math - After its fastest rate of growth ever during the 1980s and 1990s, the ...